What's new

ID my point Help

MD 12/46

Greenie
Joined
Aug 27, 2011
Messages
16
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac
This point i have comes from an old mid Michigan collection which contained MI, OH, IN material. Very nice patina and 3 3/4" long. It just had nice eye appeal/form so now it's mine. I'm very new to this so i dont even want to guess as to it's form ID, material or likely origin. but sure would appreciate your opinions...

Thanks in advance!
larry
 

Attachments

  • MVC-107S.webp
    MVC-107S.webp
    22.4 KB · Views: 112
  • MVC-108S.webp
    MVC-108S.webp
    22.1 KB · Views: 114
  • MVC-109S.webp
    MVC-109S.webp
    22.7 KB · Views: 108
  • MVC-110S.webp
    MVC-110S.webp
    14.6 KB · Views: 111
Upvote 0
I guess the obvious choice is that it's a Hardin. Early archaic point. I wouldn't 100% say that's what it is but from my phone that's what it looks like.
 
Thanks Alot Twitch,
I just knew if i guessed Dovetail, Snyder, Gibson, Pinetree that i would be wrong. Although not made from eye candy material, I think I did pretty good for 25 bucks...
 
A very nice Hardin Point
 
great size on that
 
I'm not convinced its a hardin. Creek Astronaut is probably barking up the right tree.
 
No clue to the type, but it's a stunning find.
 
Thanks everyone one for your opinions, i appreciate them all and welcome more as well. I'm really liking that point more every day ;) Now i will have to find some more to keep it company.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom