What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED ID on a butt plate

Wobbleshank

Jr. Member
Joined
May 7, 2020
Messages
32
Reaction score
65
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, folks.

Yep, it's a butt plate, but which rifle was it made for? It seems small for a Hawken or Lancaster, though the shape is similar.

Thanks for your help.
 

Attachments

  • 20221029_191150.webp
    20221029_191150.webp
    422.3 KB · Views: 137
  • 20221029_191201.webp
    20221029_191201.webp
    311.1 KB · Views: 80
  • 20221029_191213.webp
    20221029_191213.webp
    679.4 KB · Views: 58
  • 20221029_191241.webp
    20221029_191241.webp
    253.4 KB · Views: 65
I’m by no means an expert but i think I’ve got a Lehman-Lancaster flintlock pieces myself and in my research they do have that sharp protruding bit on top, unfortunately I didn’t recover a buttplate so I don’t have a direct comparison
 
Upvote 1
I’m by no means an expert but i think I’ve got a Lehman-Lancaster flintlock pieces myself and in my research they do have that sharp protruding bit on top, unfortunately I didn’t recover a buttplate so I don’t have a direct comparison
I was wondering about the Lehman Lancaster, since it seems to be a smaller rifle.
 
Upvote 0
There were so many styles and makers you will never know for sure. My guess would be an Ohio style, probably 1850's to 1860's.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom