What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Artillery Belt Plate Age?

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2010
Messages
7,742
Reaction score
12,709
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trying to help someone ID this belt plate. It is similar to the 1885-1900 militia belt plate except it is a 1 piece stamped version which I am guessing is a later production. None of my references go past 1905! I don't have the dimensions on it yet. Found in Maine.

belt plate 1.webp
belt plate 2.webp
 
If I am not mistaken, that is a post-Civil War stamped brass Militia Artillery plate. It would have had an applied tongue and belt loop on it.
 
Upvote 0
If you post it to the US Militaria Forum someone will nail it down quickly. Just post it to the forum section: Unknown, Can You Identify?
 
Upvote 0
If you post it to the US Militaria Forum someone will nail it down quickly. Just post it to the forum section: Unknown, Can You Identify?
Are you a member? If so, would you post it for me? I hate to join a forum for a one time use.
 
Upvote 0
Are you a member? If so, would you post it for me? I hate to join a forum for a one time use.

I'm a member and can post it for you. Went ahead and posted it, here's the link to the post.

 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Here's a similar one posted on TNet back in 2014, IDed as a "Bannerman made plate for Militia, ROTC etc."

 
Upvote 0

fyrffytr1, ever get any info on the plate? I found a similar plate.​


Thanks,
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom