ID Please without Pic

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
A buddy of mine found a bottle the other day privy digging. I didn't get a chance to take a pic of it :dontknow:....

But the bottle is round with embossing that has the words Budapest Kannlipotesfia on it.....Nothing else. Obvious that it is from Hungary but what the heck does the other word mean?? Thanks for any input. I will try to get a photo of it. jgas

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If a pic can be taken, please do post it. I'm searching the word and not having much luck...I believe it might be several words run together. The language is tricky and when it's written can really get more trickier.

:wink: RR

OP
OP
jgas

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Yea guys, I think that the word Kannlipotesfia may be broken up into several words. I will see this bottle again this weekend and maybe get a pic to post it. I sure would like to get it identified for him. I will double check the spelling as well. Th mystery continues......jgas

F

Felinepeachy

Well if you change the spelling of the last part (potestia) of that jumbled mess of a word, it means; power, ability, authority, opportunity, legal competence.

The first part of the word Kannli, if you changed one of those letters (if you read it incorrectly) Budapest has a place called Kanali.

It's probably a huge stretch but maybe it means something like "under the authority of Kanali Budapest :dontknow:

Ok, you can all laugh now LOL :tongue3: :tard:

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Consulting my Magyar-Angol Szotar (dictionary), the closest I can come to will be 2 different words (different spellings) There is no kannli in the dictionary...kanal (spoon); kanari (canary), using other letters the closest would be kamila (Camomile) pot (supplement).

The Hungarian language is tricky and the words are more trickier...if the accent is not over the correct letter, it is a entirely different word.

I really need to see the actual wordings on the bottle, but the closest I can come to is the camomile supplement.

If I have to consult my friend in Budapest I will.

:wink: RR

OP
OP
jgas

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Hopefully I can grab up a picture of the bottle this weekend. So stay tuned guys. Thanks for the in depth "trying" to figure this one out. :thumbsup: jgas

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread