Idea time ! - for those inclined with tools and know how to use them.

johnnysau

Apr 23, 2012
Reno NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
O.K. for what its worth ill throw this out there. Ive always wondered at the effiency of say a gold pan its does such a wonderful
job of getting the cons. down to bottom area because of the specific gravity of gold. If you had one with a small hole ( scoop) in same area that when rotated would allow those same cons. to escape down to vessel below wouldn't you save time and effort, with the proper tilt allowing the
lights to move over the edge as more is added. Of course being able to plug said escape hole would be nice too. Seeing how the majority of material is of no good use. The escape should probably be elongated along the settling path of the heavies. Not really for a gold pan but some other type of mixing container, tiltable. Just trying to convey thought of idea. Being able to move material easily to get to the good stuff through
rotation and an escape hole for heavies.

Probaly dumb, but you never know! Thoughts pros and cons.

Upvote 0

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been doing that for years! I use a dremel to make a slot in the pan & hold my finger over the hole, stratify, briefly remove my finger to drop the gold. Well whatever gold is there usually mixed with other stuff.

Why slowly remove what you don't want from on top when you can drain from the bottom?

Attachments

• 1403110949334.jpg
    1403110949334.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 72

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was a guy[tesalonian on youtube] a couple of years ago that basically had a batea with a hole in the bottom and attached a tuna can to it .I don't know if it ever really flew.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread