If I only had a detector

Check6

Greenie
Jan 1, 2008
North of Dallas on a Corps lake. On the property I have here I have been finding great sources for a search effort. So for I have found an old...really old car from the teens or twentys burried and covered with rocks. An old rock lined cistern on top of a hill with many interesting depressions nearby. The old homesite for a cabin long gone. Best of all, I saw a wire bale like handle sticking out of the ground at the base of a huge cedar tree. When I pulled it out...it was an old can/bucket that fell apart as I pulled it up. An old Colt pistol came out the bottom as it fell apart. Nothing else was visible...just the pistol...I was hoping for loot too. The property is situated near the path of the Hemming Tornado which devestated the area in the early part of the Century. The old town was completely wiped away and numerous farms gone too. I'd like to get a detector and get with some of you all and check out these areas. Any interest? We could also check out the places of interest created when they built the lake here and moved communities roads and homesites.

Attachments

• Colt 1.jpg
    Colt 1.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 714
  • Colt 2.jpg
    Colt 2.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 700

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
Check6, I would be interested. I have an extra detector you could use. Was that pistol wrapped in something? Usually they are crusted and rusted. Anyway, give me a shout if you want to detect the place. Sounds very intersting.

OP
OP
C

Check6

Greenie
Jan 1, 2008
Good to hear from you guys. I am leaving town for a few days and will get with you soon. I know we will have a great time here abouts.. We just found an old cemetary in a cedar grove next to me....old stones marked 1850. One marked "Indian."

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
Where are you located? I would be interested in hunting with you...
Baggins

Old Fart in TN

Nov 27, 2005
Athens Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab
a tornado hit Hemming, Texas, killing seven people and wiping out all but one of the town's buildings. Hemming, in southern Cooke county so I'm guessing Cooke county

naturalite

Dec 31, 2006
Dallas area
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
I'd like to go my self and maybe meet some of yall. I have another buddy that might be interested as well.

Rippedhog

Mar 9, 2008
Im in the Lake Dallas area and would love to tag along.... Just ordered my ace yesterday, cant wait to get it... ANYONE else around here interested in helping out a newbie?????

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, CTX3030, SDC2300, GoFind 60, Whites TM-808, Dip Needle, EYES
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I'd be interested as well! I need to check PM's a little more often though..LOL!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread