If only all large cents cleaned up this beautiful. Also old foreign silver

borntohunt460

Jul 30, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was a 40 minute hunt and needless to say I've got onto some stellar permissions. The large cents were a pocket spill and a few feet away was an 1859 indian head. The 1921 quarter is in stupid good condition but I've ran into a problem many of you probably have. I let the dirt dry on it during the hunt and when I got home the final layer of dirt would wash off. Any tricks to get this last stubborn dirt off without scratching or cleaning aggresively. If without the dirt this coin supposedly is worth 300 bucks in EF condition and this baby was dropped early in circulation
20150317_192205.jpg
20150317_192216.jpg
20150317_192243.jpg

Upvote 7
Nice set of finds. Give the quarter a soak in lemon juice and it will come out great.

love them large cents!, congrats on some great digs

Wow nice stuff! And you should be careful with that quarter, it could be valuable. You should check...ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1426644768.032307.jpg

Nice set of finds. Give the quarter a soak in lemon juice and it will come out great.
With this being possibly valuable I don't think lemon juice is a good idea. I've got some tarnished roses for that lol. I'm debating whether I should let it soak in soapy water and then lightly toothbrush it. Don't want to put scratches on it

Congrats on the LCs those are in sweet condition and those are 2 years I haven't found yet. Nice Silver, whatever you do with it just be careful, usually a soap and water toothbrush cleaning is all I ever need to do to clean Silver. Depends on the amount/type of tarnishing. Just be careful. be sure and show us the "cleaned" version!

Very nice finds. LCs, IHC and old silver... WOW. GL&HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back