Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bought the Anderson graphite shaft and apparently it’s made more narrow than the stock shaft which therefore will snap my ears off when tightened on my 11 inch and 15 inch coil. Minelab is so wonderful they just sent me back to brand new coils in less than six days and I just went and bought some rubber washers that make up floor of that space. Just wanted my equinox brothers to know. IMG_0012.jpg IMG_0012.jpg

Last edited:

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Truth,

Sorry to hear about that! I am not sure if my lower rods will work with the Anderson shaft, or not -- if the stock lower rod will work with it, then mine will also. I'd be happy to sell you one; I spent alot of time tweaking that width of the "head" or "clevis" portion of the rod that has to fit between the coil ears -- for that very reason (to be sure there is no stress on the coil ears). You won't have that issue with my lowers, so if you need one, or two, let me know. If you have any questions (or would like to confirm the dimensions on my lower rods, or whatever), send me an email ([email protected]) or a PM.

One other thing I will say, is some folks (especially water hunters) have been reporting that their coil ears have broken on them, using the STOCK lower rods. The REAL issue here, is that the coil ears on the Equinox coils are not very "beefy," but instead rather thin and "flimsy."

Thanks!

Steve

Last edited:
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Truth,

Sorry to hear about that! I am not sure if my lower rods will work with the Anderson shaft, or not -- if the stock lower rod will work with it, then mine will also. I'd be happy to sell you one; I spent alot of time tweaking that width of the "head" or "clevis" portion of the rod that has to fit between the coil ears -- for that very reason (to be sure there is no stress on the coil ears). You won't have that issue with my lowers, so if you need one, or two, let me know. If you have any questions (or would like to confirm the dimensions on my lower rods, or whatever), send me an email ([email protected]) or a PM.

One other thing I will say, is some folks (especially water hunters) have been reporting that their coil ears have broken on them, using the STOCK lower rods. The REAL issue here, is that the coil ears on the Equinox coils are not very "beefy," but instead rather thin and "flimsy."

Thanks!

Steve

You raise a good point but with the Anderson shaft you can see the gap (2 nickels on each side) and when tightening you can see the flex it’s only a matter of time. When I bought the Anderson my swinging partner Possum (Possumcop, Darrell) told me I should’ve bought from you. He’s a big fan of yours. You got my all my future business.

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Truth -- Wow. Yes, if you can see a gap on each side, between the coil ears, then it's definitely not sized correctly. That -- like you say -- would contribute to coil ear failure.

Please thank Darrell for the kind words! I'm happy to help you in any way I can, in the future.

Steve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions