What's new

If you own MORE than one detector and.....

paul of Penna

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2011
Messages
75
Reaction score
15
Golden Thread
0
Location
PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado umax
Garrett AT PRO
Vibrapaobe Pinpointer
Whites Classic III
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
you had a coin site to detect for the first time.....which detector would you take if you could only take one?
 
Tough call. Probably my White's 6000 DiPro. Have a Vision but my most experience is with the 6000.

Al
 
that for me would depend on the age and location of the site.....
but more then likely i would use my explorer se
 
e-trac for sure :thumbsup:
 
I would have to use my DFX.....Matt
 
My new Garrett AtPro. Monty
 
First time, I'd take my DFX.
 
The best coin finder around...Etrac of course! :wink:
 
wish i had MORE than one !! :(
 
I would have to consider whether it was an old site or a modern tot lot. Ground mineralization would also be a factor on which one to use. Having said that, I do have a favorite detector for most ground conditions, it is deep, but I also have another I use for trashy sites,schools,ballfields,playgrounds and picnic areas.If I want to detect deep silver, I would take my old Discovery Cobra II.If I want to clean out a trashy area and not dig much trash, I would take my Bounty Hunter.Both can handle considerable ground minerlization because of the manual ground balance. Also both can discriminate iron easily,without losing any depth.Also I can use my larger coils if I need even more depth and ground coverage.Any new site undected or at least not detected in the past 10-15 years should have some nice treasure deeper down,especially if it is an older site.Any of the newer detectors have better discrimination than older versions allowing us to recover more treasures than in the past.I wouldn't worry so much about brand names, but rather focus on how to best utilize what you already have, or visit a local detector shop and try out several.Happy Hunting. rockhound
 
:coffee2: :icon_pirat: White's Surfmaster. :thumbsup:
I have 5 others that are mostly dust collectors. :laughing9:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom