What's new

IGG

mumszie

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2005
Messages
2,819
Reaction score
123
Golden Thread
0
Location
Spring Hill, Florida
My daughter told me about a new place to hunt. It is a lake near where she lives. I looked it up on the internet and it looked promising. I got there and when I looked at the actual lake I thought this does NOT look promising at all. The sea grass was high. Well, I thought maybe once I got in the water and past it - it would clear up. I got about hip deep and it was awful! Yuckey! I walked straight back out of the water and told myself this place was not for me. I do not think people swim there. It was that bad. I talked to the guy cleaning the restrooms and he said that it is rare for people to swim there. He said they used to but now with the grass in the water no one does anymore. He did say they were trying to clean it out but so far they had been unsuccessful. Sooooooooooooooooo

I went to another place. I got a ton of junk but I'm glad I went. IGG! Yep, I got gold. It's not a big one but it's 14k and I'll take it!

072710.jpg


Ring07271014k.jpg

I hope your days goes as well as mine did. :wink:
 
Upvote 0
wow, that lake sounded rough for sure, can't see anyone swimming in thick muck and tall grass. WTG with the gold though, awesome find. I can't wait til I find gold myself. HH, Keep up the good work.

IGG :notworthy: :headbang:

IGG-YGG (I got gold - You go girl)
 
For me it was a IDGG day. (add the didn't in there)

The water was a little choppy.

That lake might turn out to be a good spot later if they get it cleaned. As for the muck.....

Congrats on the gold ring. You are doing great this year.

HH
 
WTGG...Chunky Gold at that............Very Nice....I have to agree with JP, the lake could be a Gold Mine later....It would have to be cleared out for me also, I hate gators, and snakes...

O'Yea...ticks also
 
OldeBeechnut said:
WTGG...Chunky Gold at that............Very Nice....I have to agree with JP, the lake could be a Gold Mine later....It would have to be cleared out for me also, I hate gators, and snakes...

O'Yea...ticks also

wow I forgot about all the other critters that are in there.....the water moccasins are what get to me....oh and the alligators that hide on the sides.....

Alligators hiding on the sides reminds me of a few years ago when we were fishing in a local lake. I'm finally catching a bass here and there, look down and notice a 5 foot alligator about 3 feet out trying to get the stringer. That would have been the crappiest moment of my life if I would have reached down to get my stringer.
 
You were brave walking into waters where gators hide!!.........lucky you did not step on one!!. Nice chunky piece of gold...... :icon_thumright:
 
Congrats on the gold, :thumbsup:
 
Nice hefty ring, first instincts are usually correct.
 
if they used to swim at the 1st place you started at i would go back there and brave it could be loaded with silvers and probally everyone else thought the same and left it alone
 
That ring looks like it got some dang good weight to it Mumzie.. congrats big time to ya.. am so happy you got IGG.
 
That's an awesome ring Mumszie!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom