What's new

$ilver$urfers Spectacular Silver Search Strategy - Final Update

$ilver$urfer

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
1,148
Reaction score
19
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$ilver$urfer's Spectacular Silver Search Strategy - Final Update

Hello Fellow CRHers,

I've got the rest of this week and next week off from work for the holiday and vacation so I decided I would make the most of my free time by opening up lots of boxes!!! :thumbsup: That said, I usually order 7 boxes a week but I asked one of my supply banks to order me 10 boxes this week and another 10 boxes next week instead of the usual 2 boxes per week. That'll be 30 boxes to open between today and next Friday! I am totally excited and hope Santa rewards me well when it comes to the silver! Let's see if my Spectacular Silver Search Strategy pays off! :tongue3: I'll update this thread after every few boxes!!!

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:

12/22
Box #1: [6] 40%ers - woohoo - off to a great start!!! :icon_thumleft:
Box #2: el-skunko (12th Brinks skunk in a row!!!) :'(
Box #3: [1] 40%er (ended my streak of Brinks skunks - a minor Christmas miracle!) :laughing7:

12/23
Box #4: [2] 40%ers :icon_thumleft:
Box #5: [3] 40%ers :icon_thumright:
Box #6: [1] 40%er :thumbsup:
Box #7: el-skunko (my first skunk from these flat stamped boxes in weeks) :o
Box #8: [10] 40%ers ;D
Box #9: [1] 40%er :icon_thumleft:
Box #10: el-skunko :-[
Box #11: [2] 40%ers :icon_thumleft:
Box #12: el-skunko :-[
Box #13: [1] 40%er :icon_thumright:

12/24
Box #14: el-skunko :o
Box #15: [4] 40%ers :icon_thumleft:

12/28
Box #16: [1] 40% (ender) and [1] '64 :D

12/30
Box #17: el-skunkarino
Box #18: el-skunkarina
Box #19: [3] 40%ers
Box #20: [5] 40%ers & [1] '36S WL & [1] '63D Ben :icon_thumright:
Box #21: skunky
Box #22: [1] 40%er
Box #23: [6] 40%ers (1 ender) :thumbsup:
Box #24: [3] 40%ers
Box #25: [1] 40%er and it was an ender
Box #26: [3] 40%ers
Box #27: [1] 40%er & [1] '64 Proof
Box #28: [3] 40%ers & [1] '64 & [1] '59D Ben :D

12/31
Box #29: [13] 40%ers & [3] '64s (1 little kender) ;D
Box #30: skunko

Well, that concludes $ilver$urfer's Spectacular Silver Search Strategy - my 30 box binge over the last two weeks produced:

[71] 40%ers
[6] '64s
[2] Bens
[1] WL

HH & Happy New Year!

$ilver$urfer hello
 
Upvote 0
Re: $ilver$urfer's Spectacular Silver Search Strategy

Good Luck $ilver$urfer keep us posted :thumbsup:
 
Re: $ilver$urfer's Spectacular Silver Search Strategy

Silver Surfer,
I like that strategy. :icon_thumright:
The hassle will be dumping a large volume in a short time.
However you do it, I wish you luck and will look for the report on your success.
Steve
 
Re: $ilver$urfer's Spectacular Silver Search Strategy

Whoo hooo, look forward to some good NE scores. Good luck!
 
Re: $ilver$urfer's Spectacular Silver Search Strategy - Updated

Best of luck to you, $ilver$urfer. Sounds like you are going to be busy the next two weeks. Merry Christmas and HH.

FL Junkman
 
Re: $ilver$urfer's Spectacular Silver Search Strategy - Updated

Volume = more keepers--at least, that is the theory! Good Luck!

apush :read2:
 
Re: $ilver$urfer's Spectacular Silver Search Strategy - Updated

Have fun!!! Enjoy!!! Good luck!!!!
 
Re: $ilver$urfer's Spectacular Silver Search Strategy - Updated

12/22 Update #1:

Box #1: [6] 40%ers - woohoo - off to a great start!!! :icon_thumleft:
Box #2: el-skunko (12th Brinks skunk in a row!!!) :'(
Box #3: [1] 40%er (ended my streak of Brinks skunks - a minor Christmas miracle!) :laughing7:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:
 
Re: $ilver$urfer's Spectacular Silver Search Strategy - Updated

One skunk out of three ain't too bad in my opinion. Good luck with the rest of your search, can't wait to see your results.

Like you, I've got more time off from work over the next two weeks, so can't wait to get back into it. Ten boxes ordered, but probably won't be in until next week :(.
 
Re: $ilver$urfer's Spectacular Silver Search Strategy - Updated

12/23 - Update #2:

I just dumped some halves and was on my way to get my 10 boxes but I stopped at a small branch to ask for halves (couldn't resist). The only teller there had 2 clad halves but I noticed 2 silver quarters in her tray. She said she had been saving them for a while but I could have them! Merry Christmas to me! :tongue3: A 1964 and 1964D both in very good condition! My first silver quarters in the wild and I wasn't even searching for them!!! :laughing7:

Going to pick up my 10 boxes of halves soon, update #3 will be posted later today!!!

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:
 
Re: $ilver$urfer's Spectacular Silver Search Strategy - Updated

12/23 Update #3:

Box #4: [2] 40%ers
Box #5: [3] 40%ers
Box #6: [1] 40%er

Better to find some silver than none!!! :thumbsup: Hoping atleast one of these boxes are huge!!!

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:

p.s. - my fingers hurt!!!
 
Re: $ilver$urfer's Spectacular Silver Search Strategy - Updated

12/23 Update #4:

Box #7: el-skunko (my first skunk from these flat stamped boxes in weeks)
Box #8: [10] 40%ers ;D
Box #9: [1] 40%er

Opening boxes 10-13 tonight!!! Can't wait!!! :icon_thumleft:

HH,

$ilver$urfer hello

p.s. - my fingers hurt even worse now!!! :'(
 
Re: $ilver$urfer's Spectacular Silver Search Strategy - Updated

$ilver$urfer said:
p.s. - my fingers hurt even worse now!!! :'(

How do you open the roll? Using a box cutter?
 
Re: $ilver$urfer's Spectacular Silver Search Strategy - Updated

12/23 Update #5:

Box #10: el-skunko :-[
Box #11: [2] 40%ers
Box #12: el-skunko :-[
Box #13: [1] 40%er

Results for that batch of 10 boxes was [20] 40%ers. That averages 2 per box and my average was just under 3 per box so these were not the results I was expecting but I have 2 more boxes to open tomorrow and 15 boxes next week!

HH,

$ilver$urfer hello

p.s. - my fingers hurt so freaking bad!!! :'(
 
Re: $ilver$urfer's Spectacular Silver Search Strategy - Updated

Yinzi50 said:
$ilver$urfer said:
p.s. - my fingers hurt even worse now!!! :'(

How do you open the roll? Using a box cutter?

I open them using my fingers - 10 boxes in one night is very painful!!!

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:
 
Re: $ilver$urfer's Spectacular Silver Search Strategy - Updated

$ilver$urfer said:
Yinzi50 said:
$ilver$urfer said:
p.s. - my fingers hurt even worse now!!! :'(

How do you open the roll? Using a box cutter?

I open them using my fingers - 10 boxes in one night is very painful!!!

HH,
$ilver$urfer :hello:
Do you re-roll the coins using the same wrapper? If not, just use a box cutter. If yes, I use a staple-remover to hook one end and lightly pull open. Rotate the roll in one hand and try to hook the folded position with the staple-remover and pull away. After some practice, you can open very fast and not break the paper.

http://www.officemax.com/office-sup...hes/staplers-staple-removers/product-ARS21684
 
Re: $ilver$urfer's Spectacular Silver Search Strategy - Updated

$ilver$urfer said:
Yinzi50 said:
$ilver$urfer said:
p.s. - my fingers hurt even worse now!!! :'(

How do you open the roll? Using a box cutter?

I open them using my fingers - 10 boxes in one night is very painful!!!

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:

Should pickup the guitar, calluses help wonders when it comes to unwrapping :headbang:
 
Re: $ilver$urfer's Spectacular Silver Search Strategy - Updated

12/24 Update #6:

Box #14: el-skunko :o
Box #15: [4] 40%ers :icon_thumleft:

Those two boxes rounded out my 15 box week for a total of [31] 40%ers and [zero] 90%ers. That averages just over 2 silvers per box and well below my average of 2.9 so these were not the results I was expecting but I do have 15 more boxes to open up next week! :thumbsup:

HH and Merry Christmas!!! :icon_sunny:

$ilver$urfer :hello:
 
Re: $ilver$urfer's Spectacular Silver Search Strategy - Updated

Sliver Surfer,
Congratulations! Looks like the strategy paid off.
Steve
 
Re: $ilver$urfer's Spectacular Silver Search Strategy - Updated

Just more to add to the ever growing pile! Congrats and Merry Christmas.

HSH,
apush :read2:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom