huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 825912
View attachment 825913

Hitler Youth EM/NCO's Fire Defense Sleeve Diamond. (HJ Feuerwehrscharen Armelabzeichen)

In early 1938 the Reichsjugendfuhrung and the Reichsfuhrer-SS und Chef der Deutschen Polizei im Reichsministerium des Innern met to discuss the use of Hitler Youth personnel as volunteers in a Fire Defense Service. As a result of that meeting, the first HJ volunteer Fire Defense Service units were established at Celle and Osnabruck later that year. On June 30th 1939 regulations dictated that these volunteer units were to be subordinate to the HJ Streifendienst (HJ Patrol Service), and be grouped with the Feuerlöschdienstreserve (Fire Fighting Service Reserves). In March of 1941 this sleeve badge was introduced for those who had passed the Fire Service test, which was worn on the left forearm of the khaki-brown HJ Fire Fighting tunic until the end of the war.

Google is awesome.

Say goodnight, Gracie.

So, I was off in it being used by someone higher up in the Feuerwehr but nailed the patch!

Bum Luck...Thanks for finding and posting the pics and information! I believe that this one has been solved!

Gute Nacht Gracie!!!!

Frank

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Obviously, I don't know where Allen Idaho got his patch but if theres a swastika and KKK on the same patch the first and only thing that comes to mind is Neo-Nazi.

allen_idaho

Dec 4, 2007
Culdesac, Idaho
That patch is not neo-Nazi. It is off of an early World War 2 Fire Fighting uniform from the village of Frankenthal. It was in use some time before 1943 when almost the entire village was destroyed.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Obviously, I don't know where Allen Idaho got his patch but if theres a swastika and KKK on the same patch the first and only thing that comes to mind is Neo-Nazi.

I can't recall any reference to KKK in the Third Reich, but it is almost impossible to search these two on Google for obvious reasons.

Gute Nacht Gracie!!!! - I love that, Frank! LOL!

OP
OP
dinx

dinx

Jan 17, 2013
Georgia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well now as I'm actually needing to use the compiled knowledge of this post- and of the posters- can anyone actually suggest an amount for the patch- I want to include it in an insurance policy - etc-

Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well now as I'm actually needing to use the compiled knowledge of this post- and of the posters- can anyone actually suggest an amount for the patch- I want to include it in an insurance policy - etc-

howdy, Stewarts Military Antiques - militaria, collectables, photography and books

I suspect, as rare as firemen armbands are concerned...this piece is worth somewhere between 65.oo and 200.oo.
the link I attached is an honest dealer...you might contact them about this piece.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread