SilverLust91
Jr. Member
- Joined
- Jul 24, 2013
- Messages
- 58
- Reaction score
- 16
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Greenville, NC
- Detector(s) used
- Fisher F2
- Primary Interest:
- Metal Detecting
I'm at Myrtle Beach, Third hunt and FIRST ON BEACH!!!
Hello fellow T-Net goers!!!
I am still very new to the metal detecting hobby and learning more and more every hunt! I am at Myrtle Beach, SC for a week of vacationing and a few beach hunts. Being new to the hobby I obviously have some questions and such about my Fisher F2 8" coil detector on the beach... I have heard that the F2 is bad in wet sand, thats fine and I'm content with sticking with the dry sand. Can I get into the moist sand such as after a high tide going to low tide?
I do not have a sand scoop yet and they are quite expensive, I'll get one at some point but just not right now.
I'm going to be hunting very SOUTH Myrtle Beach near the SpringMaid Pier, anyone else have any experiences in this area of the beach? I believe there are some areas a little further south that has no hotels but a campground park to maybe search.
Thanks!
Hello fellow T-Net goers!!!
I am still very new to the metal detecting hobby and learning more and more every hunt! I am at Myrtle Beach, SC for a week of vacationing and a few beach hunts. Being new to the hobby I obviously have some questions and such about my Fisher F2 8" coil detector on the beach... I have heard that the F2 is bad in wet sand, thats fine and I'm content with sticking with the dry sand. Can I get into the moist sand such as after a high tide going to low tide?
I do not have a sand scoop yet and they are quite expensive, I'll get one at some point but just not right now.
I'm going to be hunting very SOUTH Myrtle Beach near the SpringMaid Pier, anyone else have any experiences in this area of the beach? I believe there are some areas a little further south that has no hotels but a campground park to maybe search.
Thanks!
Upvote
0






SO I'll post pictures later... All I really found was some pretty modern coinage and one 1966 quarter so close to silver but nada! I believe at this point I am almost ready to nickname Myrtle Beach "Penny Paradise" but nonetheless it has been very relaxing and enjoyable to be out hunting for vacation!
It was a blast and I'll be getting a solid amount of hours still hunting this trip to come! ALSO, I took the F2 down into the wet sand and was having a fair amount of success. Yes, there was some "chatter" but overall I definitely knew when to notch the sensitivity down to three bars which surprisingly almost took all the chatter out... Falsing was evident and didn't bother me since it was extremely random and I knew it wasn't a real target. I found 4 of the coins at the receding tide line in wet sand WITH MY F2!!!







