What's new

Im Baaaaack!! GOLD!!!!

stpauli914

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2011
Messages
406
Reaction score
117
Golden Thread
0
Location
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm Baaaaack!! GOLD!!!!

So I Super Glued and taped up my foot this morning and hit the beach! 1st time since 7/9 when I cut my foot. Water was glass smooth with a light East wind. I stepped in the water about 6:20am and had my first signal immediately!! Glance in the scoop and even in the dim light I can see it is a ring!!! Woooohoooo!! 1st target!! Looked like a wedding band but there wasn't enough light yet to tell much else. I also like to torture myself and wait until I get home before I look for marks. It was light so I didn't have my hopes up toooo high :) 30 seconds later another hit!! Now remember I haven't even made it to waist deep water yet!! Heavy earing with ice in it!!! Once again I can't make out color or anything yet since its still fairly dark. I stick it in my pouch and think to myself, wow, if I don't find anything else this entire hunt I will be happy!! I guess I shouldn't have thought that so soon :) The rest of the 2 1/2hrs netted a bunch of pocket spills and a broken junk earing. I was washing off the detector afterwards and couldn't wait to get home to check the ring so I pulled it out of my pouch and saw the gleam of yellow gold!! 10K. Its a lightweight though only 2.1 grams but I am NOT complaining!!!! Thats my story for this morning and I still have to check the earing and ice, no stamps but heavy and had a nice medium tone on the excal so fingers crossed.


001-3.jpg


002-4.jpg


003-5.jpg


HH, Aaron
 
Upvote 0
Re: I'm Baaaaack!! GOLD!!!!

Nice ring find Aaron.... Well done :thumbsup:
Hope the super glue and tape held up for you
and you don't get infected. Gold Nuggets :hello:
 
Re: I'm Baaaaack!! GOLD!!!!

Happy to hear you are back with a healed foot and were able to get that elusive GOLD!
 
Re: I'm Baaaaack!! GOLD!!!!

Yeah Baby! :headbang: Woo-Hoo! You go boy! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
 
Re: I'm Baaaaack!! GOLD!!!!

congrats on the ring but I like the earring!
 
Re: I'm Baaaaack!! GOLD!!!!

Thanks guys! Does anyone else get kind of a weird like "relief" feeling after finding gold when you haven't found any in a while? Its hard to explain but its kind of like "OK I can relax now since I've got my quota for a while" feeling. Now granted, I am still just as motivated to find the next one, but I do feel kind of different for the rest of the hunt at least.

I can't wait to see everyone elses finds from this weekend!!! You can bet I'll be out bright and early tomorrow :)

HH,
Aaron
 
Re: I'm Baaaaack!! GOLD!!!!

Nice goin' , Aaron! :headbang:

That's a beautiful ring find! :hello2:

Glad that your foot is improving

Lorraine
 
Re: I'm Baaaaack!! GOLD!!!!

Good job Aaron, that's a great hunt!
 
Re: I'm Baaaaack!! GOLD!!!!

EARLY BIRD GETS THE GOLD !!!!! :icon_pirat:
 
Re: I'm Baaaaack!! GOLD!!!!

Good finds Aaron :icon_thumright: I find I relax after a good find and do not have the same focus on Gold jewelry after that. Once the focus is lost, I do not do as well after that point being reached. Something I have to work on. Seeing everyones finds on this site really gets me pumped up for the next time out. Which will be later this coming week. ...HH...Stuart
 
Re: I'm Baaaaack!! GOLD!!!!

Glad you'r feeling better . Your back ,better then ever . Way to go!!! :hello2:
 
Re: I'm Baaaaack!! GOLD!!!!

Nice finds :icon_thumleft:

I went 4 months without finding gold. (About 100 hours of hunting) I was getting discouraged, big time. Especially when I would see on here that others, that hunted the same area, were. I wasn't even finding silver and hardly even any junk jewelry to speak of. Then, out popped a 9.8 g 14k wedding ring. Phew! What a relief!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom