What's new

Im back with a couple of Firsts

Sheldius

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
751
Reaction score
6
Golden Thread
0
Location
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Minelab E-trac, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm back with a couple of Firsts

It's been 7 weeks since I was able to get a box from my bank. :'( I've heard it all, and I've just been to busy with school and work to find a new bank or CRH out of town. I really thought I'd have to go open up the safety deposit box just to remember what silver looks like. (Can't grope and roll in it if you've sent it all to the bank :) ).

Still, I think these two boxes were worth waiting for.

The first one looked dismal. I had found one keeper in the first 3/4 of the box and was starting to get really bummed. Then it happened. My VERY FIRST Walking Liberty. 1942. ;D Now I was stoked, and I found one last 90% to get my average of 1 oz per box. Not bad at all.

Next I started on the last box, and it got even better ... My FIRST and second FRANKLINS (1963) :o. Even still have the mint luster. Rest of the box had another 2 oz of silver. Just love finding more 90%'ers than boring 40%'ers!

Total Haul:

1 - 1942
2 - 1963
5 - 1964
6 - 40%
1 - 2006.
 

Attachments

  • Misc 002.webp
    Misc 002.webp
    62.3 KB · Views: 287
Upvote 0
Re: I'm back with a couple of Firsts

Congratulations Sheldon! Now I don't have to worry about sending you one of those Franklins!!! The walker is quite a bonus as well. Keep up the good work, and how about an update on the Fort?? Gpurs.....
 
Re: I'm back with a couple of Firsts

Great finds. Oh yea, I remember getting my first lady. Then I found another in the same box. And none since. Woo hoo on the Bens too............
 
Re: I'm back with a couple of Firsts

Nice finds congrats.
 
Re: I'm back with a couple of Firsts

Nice finds, and congrats on the walker. :o
 
Re: I'm back with a couple of Firsts

Congrats Sheldius! You never forget your first girl. Let me re-phrase that...you never forget your first Walker! ;D My first was a '42 also.
 
Re: I'm back with a couple of Firsts

GPURS said:
Keep up the good work, and how about an update on the Fort?? Gpurs.....

I'll be presenting some of the results at the Giwennete Enivronmental and Historical Center on Oct. 13th. Will have an update them.

Thanks all for the comments and support. Hope it isn't another 7 weeks to my next box. We will see tomorrow.

HH.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom