What's new

Im in the outer banks

Vikingblood

Full Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2013
Messages
212
Reaction score
58
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in the outer banks for the next month so if anyone is around and can show me some spots I would greatly appreciate it. Call me. 6097521221.

Erik
 
Upvote 0
Where in OBX?
 
I'm in nags head. I have already detected like 10 hours and found about a dollar. Been in the water with my Minelab and didn't find a thing. Never searched so long and found so little.
 
Does anyone know what the busiest beaches in the outer banks are?
 
make sure you stay north and not on the nat'l seashore = confiscation
 
Any idea where that starts. Is nags head legal.
 
While the National Seashore does start at Whalebone junction, the beach is not included until you get down to where the beach road turns west into NC 12 just north of Coquina Beach. Nags Head and South Nags head are open to detecting as are Kitty Hawk, KDH, Southern Shores, Duck and Corolla.
Check out the map, the National Seashore is in green.
Cape Hatteras National Seashore (U.S. National Park Service)

As far as better detecting locations, any public beach access that you can park should be a good starting point. There are a few in South Nags Head but for the most part there are more cottages than hotels there. In theory there would be less of a concentration of people.

habs
 
Thanks good advice.
 
I'll be in the Corolla/Duck area for a few days next month. If all goes well, I will be testing out a Garrett Infinium LS in the water there.
 
I only hit a target once every hour or so with my excal. There is nothing on nags head beaches. I mean nothing!!

Used my v3i as well but still nothing. Even with my special settings.
 
I only hit a target once every hour or so with my excal. There is nothing on nags head beaches. I mean nothing!! Used my v3i as well but still nothing. Even with my special settings.

Was the same for me too, then I put a Wot on my excal. Game changer. It may be there's no targets or just out of reach of standard coils.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet
 
I'm in the outer banks for the next month so if anyone is around and can show me some spots I would greatly appreciate it. Call me. 6097521221.

Erik

I am seeing the same thing in wilmington, just a bit south of the outer banks. My thoughts are that 1) beach replenishment was crazy this year. The beaches were destroyed after this winter so there is tons of new sand and B) I have been noticing that just more sand is being piled up from the last 2 storms. Instead of taking a layer they added to it so I think the only finds are recent drops and they are being searched by everyone.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom