What's new

Im New So Dont Laugh At My Treasures!

enchantedhiker

Greenie
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Midcoast Maine
I'm New So Don't Laugh At My Treasures!

These are some of the things I found near an old cellar hole at the site of a farm with several outbuildings. I was told that it was built in the 1700- early 1800s.
I know those long thin things are nails :), but no clue what anything else is.
The thing that looks like an eggbeater says Dover.....there is too much rust to read much except Pat'd May 8 ? 1873.
Thank you for any help.
Linda
 

Attachments

  • stuff1.webp
    stuff1.webp
    12.3 KB · Views: 1,171
  • stuff from 1707.webp
    stuff from 1707.webp
    12.5 KB · Views: 1,160
  • stuff2.webp
    stuff2.webp
    14.3 KB · Views: 1,155
Re: I'm New So Don't Laugh At My Treasures!

great stuff
 
Re: I'm New So Don't Laugh At My Treasures!

That's a fine mess of nice relics there little Linda. :o No laughin' up here in Canada either. I have none of that kool ol' stuff, and I'd be keepin' every piece for awhile too if I did find any of it. Looks like you've landed a neat old spot to poke around in. Can you imagine what you are going to find with a machine built to find treasure? 8)

Thank you for sharing your very interesting and historical finds with all of us here. ;)

Have a super day and may all your hikes be enchanted!

lb
 
Re: I'm New So Don't Laugh At My Treasures!

EH,

very nice group of artifacts.

Half the fun is finding them, the other
half is trying to think of what they were
used for ;)

Hope we will be seeing more posts from you.

have a good un.................
SHERMANVILLE
 
Re: I'm New So Don't Laugh At My Treasures!

Welcome Aboard

Sure looks like a kitchen and a horse were near that old cellar a few years back. I hope you had a wonderful time digging up a touch of the past and thanks for sharing it with us.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom