What's new

im new

buckets1720

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jul 18, 2012
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
I'm new to MD and have had my device for about six days so far taken it out a ton but I haven't found a single item worth interest its all garbage is this common? Also I in some of the spots I'm digging the dirt is very hard and tips?
 
Welcome to the forum.

Everything you said is common, finding junk and hard ground.

Find a kids play ground with sand or wood chips for easier digging and hopefully some money and rings.

Pray for rain, to soften up the ground.
 
I had the same finds nothing but trash it took me 6months to find my first silver i hunted parks early in the morning after they been watered . Maybe try that
 
im new as well, only about 6-7 weeks into detecting. I had a bounty hunter IV and upgraded to a garrett ace 350, but with my bounty hunter ive found about $40.00 in modern coins, about 5-600 coins total. Ive been fortunate to have access to our county fairgrounds because my brother is the treasurer for the fair. The hard ground is a pain in the butt but like they said above, we need rain. High heat and humidity doesnt help either. What machine are you using? where are u hunting? try to hunt open grass areas by parks, old trees are nice but u get the roots that go with it and that makes for not so fun digging. I know not everyone can afford to, but if ur using a low grade detector maybe upgrade? my ace was only 300 and i love it. it seperates out the junk pretty well and gives me good depth. 3 of my first 5 hunts with it yielded silver. Hang in there and Happy Hunting.....
 
buckets1720 said:
I'm new to MD and have had my device for about six days so far taken it out a ton but I haven't found a single item worth interest its all garbage is this common? Also I in some of the spots I'm digging the dirt is very hard and tips?


Sounds like you need research and rain.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom