What's new

Im not gone! Road Trip FUN!

DAS7NY

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2008
Messages
338
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
I'm not gone! Road Trip FUN!

Hey all! I'm still around and lurking! My only problem is the home front silver vein has dried up, so I'm letting it replenish. I'm also super busy lately going to parties and concerts, and when I don't do that I'm 9/10 times sleeping. At the moment I'm at my Family Christmas in July Reunion! On the way up I decided to stop in some small depressed areas along the way and hit the banks! I stopped in Saranac NY (In the pouring rain!) walked into a bank and the teller had $5.00 in halves in her tray, I could see that one of them was 40% so I simply said "I'll take those two," gesturing to the silver and one other, handed her a single, said thanks and I was on my way! Not bad so far eh? It gets better, I decided to make one more stop at a bank on my way. I asked the woman if she had any hand rolled half dollars and she said they had $60 worth. I handed her the money and told her I'd take all $60. While getting them she asked if I was a collector, so I told her yes. Her reply was: "Oh! These halves are great for you then! They're the new ones! All I have in my drawer are the old ones...." She reached into her tray and held out a few SILVER halves. I kept my cool, and as nonchalantly as possible stated that I'd take those too. There were $6.00 solid 40% in her tray that I scored! I haven't been through the rolls yet, but must do so soon because I need to dump them and get more cash. Monday I am hitting the entire 50 mile radius and cleaning up! So far so great in Upstate NY, I'll be sure to update my progress!
 
Upvote 0
Re: I'm not gone! Road Trip FUN!

Sounds like you are doing great on your road trip. Hope you find a bunch
HH
Rich
 
Re: I'm not gone! Road Trip FUN!

ya...wow, nice catch!!! love silver w/o the pain of dumping!!! glad to hear from u again, when i first joined, u were still around quite a bit, then u disappeared! keep it up and hh!
 
Re: I'm not gone! Road Trip FUN!

UPDATE: I finally went through my six rolls! I found 24 40% and 1 90%! Not bad for $60! I spent today driving around searching, spent $1,200 and didn't find ANYTHING! I have a 180 miles to cover tomorrow so I'm getting an early start! Hopefully I'll find SOME silver tomorrow, but it will end well for sure as I'm seeing Alice Cooper tomorrow night, then driving home to LI. I'll update my progress tomorrow!
 
Re: I'm not gone! Road Trip FUN!

DAS7NY said:
I stopped in Saranac NY (In the pouring rain!) walked into a bank and the teller had $5.00 in halves in her tray, I could see that one of them was 40% so I simply said "I'll take those two," gesturing to the silver and one other, handed her a single, said thanks and I was on my way!

I know you're road tripping, and not in your local haunts, but lest you want tellers to figure out what's going on, and perhaps ruining it for others, as had been posted here several times, don't cherry pick; buy them all.

Continued good hunting, but remember, buy them all.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom