What's new

Im On Strike.....

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Joined
Oct 24, 2006
Messages
1,330
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
I'm On Strike.....

And I am presenting the issue to the admins/management here. Until then, I'm not posting or participating in this Forum. This post can be deleted or censored in any which way they'd like, and/or my membership here terminated. But there is an issue at hand, and it's obviously affected more than a few.

With that said, the issue at hand is the ability of the members of this forum to voice their opinion on the reputation, service and other aspects of a sponsor, and at the same time, provide sound purchasing advice. Since when and where has such advice (Undisputable) become the subject of censorship and in who's interest is this being done? Perhaps some of the censored and constructive writing could motivate a sponsor to straighten out their act?
 
Re: I'm On Strike.....

They pay the bills and so do charter members
 
Re: I'm On Strike.....

i had whole hardidly agree'd with SM post, and thought it was a fair opinion, wasnt like there was any bashing going on
 
Re: I'm On Strike.....

Sponsors pay the bills, but without members, charter or not, there would be no sponsors. The only thing that matters to sponsors is high numbers, so, to keep the sponsors happy, I would think you would want to keep EVERYONE happy...just good business.
 
Re: I'm On Strike.....

Quite honestly, it can make you do the opposite of the desired effect if they can't take the heat.
 
Re: I'm On Strike.....

EDDE said:
They pay the bills and so do charter members

Yes, but without all of us this forum does not exist.
 
Re: I'm On Strike.....

Perhaps a new section of the forum is needed. Maybe with a limited time before an automatic deletion?
 
Re: I'm On Strike.....

gametalman52 said:
Quite honestly, it can make you do the opposite of the desired effect if they can't take the heat.

Tell me if I'm wrong but don't most products sold online have a "Customer Reviews & Ratings" link. That allows for user feedback on a product so that other consumers can make an informed buying decision based on their experience? And don't manufacturers use this information to help improve their own products?

This should be a win win for the manufacturers. Just what are they afraid of anyway?

If they are afraid of a little criticism of their product they should either defend it improve it or get out of the business!
I for one am not going to buy a product from any manufacturer who is afraid of a little consumer reporting on their product.

If they are a member of T-net then just let them defend any criticism of their product and everyone has their say.
I mean isn't a forum meant to be for an honest exchange of ideas and information? Otherwise its just BOGUS!

Someone please post the names of these manufacturers so I and others can boycott their products!
Never mind I can plainly see them at the top of the page.

Just wonder if the owners of these equipment manufacturers even know of and endorse the censureship that's taken place on their behalf?

Maybe I should reserve judgement until I find out their take on this.

Nuff said,
Buddy~
 
Re: I'm On Strike.....

I will keep my participation in this forum strictly to this topic. And as opposed to another removal or censorship of a post, I invite constructiveness here both by the forum members and management here at TNet. In case management does not realize it, this is not a case of a problematic member or two stirring up irrelevent issues.

What you have here is a case of valued members of integrity who have either left the forum or are contemplating that decision. The idea needs to be understood that it is the members of this forum who amount to the community that exists here. As such, what is more important than the best interests of the community? Money should not be one of them. To ban or censor sound advice on where or how to purchase equipment is not in the best interest of anyone. If the decision to do so is based on sponsor criteria, regardless of how much money is at hand, information on not only where to buy, but information that can lead to a better experience is being moderated by THEM. And again, that is not in the best interest of anyone in a hobby where equipment is expensive and times per say are not that easy.

With that said, when and if, bigger supply stores or dealers can meet, or could meet the price or quality of service that the entity worthy of censorship can, then there would be no need for anyone to try to help another person in getting a better deal or buying experience. Until then, banning such information from a person is an injustice to anyone here.

These are my opinions. And I invite anyone here, members, sponsors and management alike to voice there's. Maybe we can get a better understanding of how this issue should be treated.
 
Re: I'm On Strike.....

.
 
Re: I'm On Strike.....

Goodyguy said:
gametalman52 said:
Quite honestly, it can make you do the opposite of the desired effect if they can't take the heat.

Tell me if I'm wrong but don't most products sold online have a "Customer Reviews & Ratings" post. That allows for user feedback on a product pointing out it's strengths and weakness's so that other consumers can make an informed buying decision based on their experience? And don't manufacturers use this information to help improve their own products?

This should be a win win for the manufacturers. Just what are they afraid of anyway?

If they are afraid of a little criticism of their product then either defend it improve it or get out of the business!
I for one am not going buy a product from any manufacturer that has something to hide or who is afraid of a little consumer reporting on their product.

If they are a member of T-net then just let them defend any criticism of their product and everyone has their say.
I mean isn't a forum meant to be for an honest exchange of ideas and information? Otherwise its just BOGUS!

Someone please post the names of these manufacturers so I and others can boycott their products!
Never mind I can plainly see them at the top of the page.


Nuff said,
Buddy~

I would tend to agree Buddy...The "rules" do give the impression the sponsors censoring the forum....And in such....I'm sure to some....a negative impression of their companies....I'd have to agree that it doesn't make much sense...The only explanation I can assume is that Tnet and Tnet alone is taking such actions to err on the side of caution(not wanting to drive away sponsors)....If this is the case...which would be the lesser of the two evils...It seems it would benefit the sponsors...as well as Tnet.... to have a representative of their companies share their thoughts on the subject...If we are not allowed to hear their side of the story(whatever it may be) it only leaves the door open for more speculation and conspiracies...In the least...it would be preferable for folks to know the facts before making the decision to stay or leave...
 
Re: I'm On Strike.....

Like clockwork.......every January/February. It's contagious.

It spread from one person to the next to the next to the next.....like chicken pox.

......... and I'm bored with it. :sleepy4:
 
Re: I'm On Strike.....

Like I just posted in Buckleboys, I haven't seen this since Jr. High. Looking at these threads lately looks like the back stage of American Idol


Drama!
 
Re: I'm On Strike.....

dont quite get the whole story, Im guessing you gave your advice (contray to the sponsors) In your opinion, and got your hand slapped. Hope to see more of your post soon.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom