What's new

Im stumped Again! Help

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
4,601
Reaction score
953
Golden Thread
0
Location
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm stumped Again! Help

I found this little brass ball. It measures 3/4 inch wide and has an attached loop and a small hole right under the loop.

It is hollow but still is hefty in weight. Any ideas?
 

Attachments

  • 100_4751.webp
    100_4751.webp
    11.6 KB · Views: 442
  • 100_4749.webp
    100_4749.webp
    4.3 KB · Views: 411
Re: I'm stumped Again! Help

Oh, and it doesn't rattle, and there does not appear to be anything inside it.
 
Upvote 0
Re: I'm stumped Again! Help

That looks like a Russian kettlebell for a really small body builder.
Or you could have really big hands.
(Sorry)
 
Upvote 0
Re: I'm stumped Again! Help

batcap said:
That looks like a Russian kettlebell for a really small body builder.
Or you could have really big hands.
(Sorry)

;D :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Re: I'm stumped Again! Help

What are those thingamabobs called that they strap on horses ankles for training purposes ... Small weights on a strap that knocks against their hooves .. used to train the horse to prance and dance.
 
Upvote 0
Re: I'm stumped Again! Help

Those are horse hoof dance and prance knockers. :wink: That darn thing looks familiar but I just can't place it. Sorry I can't help but now I am curious too. M :dontknow: nty
 
Upvote 0
Re: I'm stumped Again! Help

creskol said:
What are those thingamabobs called that they strap on horses ankles for training purposes ... Small weights on a strap that knocks against their hooves .. used to train the horse to prance and dance.

Think you're correct...

I once had an Appy that would throw her head back and try to head butt me...caught me a few times too...

Tied a similar weight to the brow strap with about a 3 inch strap so it sat loosely between her eyes...and whenever she threw her head the weight would knock her a good one on her forehead...

After a couple of times...she never tried that stunt again...
 
Upvote 0
Re: I'm stumped Again! Help

It certainly could be that. I found it at an area that was settled by a group of people who came to Texas from New York in the 1890's.

Possibly circus people. ;D Really!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom