What's new

In keeping with new tradition I give you the Pender

astrocity

Greenie
Joined
Apr 20, 2009
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
SW Florida
Detector(s) used
Explorer II
I've heard of the Kender and the Bender lately and now the Pender, don't think I'll find this again soon.
Picked up two boxes last week and came across this one looking back at me. Been going through boxes for a while and first thing I thought was Magicians coin turned inside out. Nope 1936 British penny. Now that's a copper!

Box totals
1 5 40% 3 90% (2) '50 '63D
2 8 40% 3 90% '45 '58D '64D +'36 English penny Walker Ben Ken & George
 

Attachments

  • Pen1_IMG_8164.webp
    Pen1_IMG_8164.webp
    25.8 KB · Views: 551
  • Pen2_IMG_8166.webp
    Pen2_IMG_8166.webp
    15.6 KB · Views: 540
  • Pen3_IMG_8169.webp
    Pen3_IMG_8169.webp
    33.5 KB · Views: 543
  • Pen4_IMG_8170.webp
    Pen4_IMG_8170.webp
    34.3 KB · Views: 544
Upvote 0
Nice silver score and cool penny :thumbsup:
 
Very unusual "ender" find. Nice coin!
rileyboy
 
Nice coin there - I would love to find some more foreign coins in my rolls! I have only ever found two foreign coins in my half rolls and they were both $2 Canadian coins (Toonies)! ;D I found a magician's coin in the reject slot of the coin machine today and I was super stoked! :laughing7:

HH and enjoy your pender!!! :icon_thumright:

$ilver$urfer :hello:
 
The Pender made me smile. Thanks. :icon_thumleft:

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
 
I never noticed this before, but with the Union Jack shield where it is on the image, it makes it look like she's sitting in a wheelchair.
 
astrocity said:
.... 1936 British penny. Now that's a copper!

Nice find, but to be clear "Copper, when alloyed with small quantities of tin and zinc produces bronze, which is a tougher
metal. This metal was used (and is still used) to produce British ‘coppers’ from 1860 onwards."
 
Sorry for the delay, Tnet took some time off from me.
This is from a double stacked Brinks box, about the only 'delivery' company I can get boxes from in my area. The machine rolling damage kinda sucks but is very common for me from this Brinks, I'd love it if they would tweak their machines a bit.
And yes bronze not copper. Big darn Penny :icon_thumright:
Glad everyone liked the Ender reference.

Banks 'forgot' my order last week, cant wait to see what shows up tomorrow.
 
nice!
i like finding these old foreign coins, especially when it's an ender!
keep it up
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom