I've attempted to research this button to high heaven with no luck, you're my last hope. Thinking it might be a railroad button, but maybe someone knows otherwise. Thank you ahead of time!
1st - I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard baskerville! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).
Thank you! Went and updated my profile for location (US/AZ), and also--that listing is mine, so it knows just about as much as I do Thank you for taking a look and responding.
Ahh, you're fantastic! Not a Railroad button at all, but very cool none the less. Just found the book in Google Books, Journal of the Senate of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania (The University of Chicago Libraries) 1832.
Thank you again. Not sure if the prisoners would have had such fancy buttons or if it might only be by guards/the physicians staffed by the prison. If anyone knows more info, please let me know.