Not open for further replies.

FLATENPA

Jun 24, 2014
Western Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II, AT Pro, CTX 3030, Sovereign Elite, Go Find 60
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On Saturday the 5th of July I called and spoke with someone at the store (leaving his name out) asked about a lower shaft for a minelab, he confirmed they where in stock and I told him I'd come down and get it. By 10:25 I was there and there was only one person in the "show room" he was on the phone, a few minutes later another customer comes in who ( later I learned had purchased an expensive detector the week before) the guy got of the phone and greeted the other guy and after a few minutes asked me what I wanted, I told him the part and that I had called and and spoke to (no name) and it was in stock, he quickly picked up the phone made a call and said the other guy would help me. The other guy never came out, in fact another customer walked in while I was waiting looking for a detector and the phone guy called and got a sales person out of the back for him. It was close to 11:45 when I got back in my car.

The person they called form the back for me never did come out after about an hour the first guy had finished writing up the guy who got there after me and offered to get my part.

There was no cost savings to me to drive to the showroom, the part price was the same as most other places no savings there, but it did cost me an hour and half on my Saturday, I realize that I didn't spend a lot of money this time but when I get ready to retire my Explorer II I am thinking the CTX 3030 I am not seeing an advantage to your brick and mortar store.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most likely running on a reduced staff due to 4th of July holiday....

Gene@Kellyco

Dec 15, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FLATENPA, when you have a moment please give me call at 407-696-0001 thanks.

Gene Knight
Director of International
& Domestic Sales
Kellyco Metal Detectors
[email protected]

OP
OP
F

FLATENPA

Jun 24, 2014
Western Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Most likely running on a reduced staff due to 4th of July holiday....

I agree there may have been reduced staff. I feel that it could have been handled better, the person I called on the phone could have pulled the part and had it out and I would have been in and out. I am on file there as a customer and most times it is easy in and out and the staff is helpful. I have been going there since 2004 on and off. I see where Gene messaged me below and I have called and left a Voice mail for him. My loving and understanding wife was with me and to be honest the Metal Detector shopping is not her thing. But when I explained it would be in and out stop she was okay with stopping. Didn't work that way.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree there may have been reduced staff. I feel that it could have been handled better, the person I called on the phone could have pulled the part and had it out and I would have been in and out. I am on file there as a customer and most times it is easy in and out and the staff is helpful. I have been going there since 2004 on and off. I see where Gene messaged me below and I have called and left a Voice mail for him. My loving and understanding wife was with me and to be honest the Metal Detector shopping is not her thing. But when I explained it would be in and out stop she was okay with stopping. Didn't work that way.
LoL....My wife same way, I can walk the mall with her as she shops for hours, but let me stop at a hardware store or something similar and after about 15 mins she is ready to go....

OP
OP
F

FLATENPA

Jun 24, 2014
Western Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
FLATENPA, when you have a moment please give me call at 407-696-0001 thanks.

Gene Knight
Director of International
& Domestic Sales
Kellyco Metal Detectors
[email protected]

Gene,

I called yesterday and left a voice-mail for you late in the day. I have not heard anything back from you yet today.

Douglas

Gene Called this morning 7/10/2014 it was good talking with Gene thanks

Last edited:

mtsheron

Jun 6, 2014
NC
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+; and Lesche digging tools! Tesoro Compadre (daughter's machine)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Did Gene @ Kellyco get things right????

OP
OP
F

FLATENPA

Jun 24, 2014
Western Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did Gene @ Kellyco get things right????

I think Gene did, there wasn't anything to make right, I'll never get that time back. However I did enjoy talking with Gene and he has been very helpful with information. I have purchased more items since then and to be honest I ordered on line. If you have never been to the store it is worth the trip I can't wait to see the finished showroom/museum. My only suggestion (if your reading this Gene) make a test garden using plexiglass sides, in the showroom with a key showing the details as to what is where and how deep. Just my humble opinion..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread