flakefinder

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
2 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last weekend my son called and told me he had lost his wedding ring and if I would come over and see if I could find it. Just my luck the day I could look for it was the snowiest day we have had so far this winter. I figured it won't be that had to find in a yard , well when I got there he pointed to the heng row and a picked corn field . It was snowy and blowing but figured I would give it a try, the first hour I didn't have any luck except for a 2003 nickel that was on the surface. It wasn't long and I couldn't feel my figures and was having a hard time turning on my pinpointed with numb figures . I was just about ready to give up when I got a 51 on the AT Pro , as I brushed back the 6 inches of new poweder there was his wedding band and boy was I glad because I was frozen. I went in the house and told him I would come back and give it a shot in the spring and as I was walking out the door I tossed it to him he got a big smile on his face so that made it worth a couple hours of being froze to the bone . MARRY CHRISTMASS everybody!

Dec 5, 2013
Springfield, MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I totally understand. As a father of an independent daughter, when we can do something to help, we feel like they still need us! We're not quite ready for the glue factory yet! You go!
Best,
Bruce

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Should of made him sweat it out a little longer flakefinder,what better christmas present.:laughing9:I'm cruel lol.

mjc_lakedweller

Nov 14, 2011
Kzoo County, MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro,
Garrett ACE350,
Fisher CZ-20,
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome Rob, although I think I would have played him a little longer and make him sweat. Great job! When I first saw your post I thought to myself, "Man, is that dude crazy? How's he even gonna break ground :laughing7:

OP
OP
flakefinder

flakefinder

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
2 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome Rob, although I think I would have played him a little longer and make him sweat. Great job! When I first saw your post I thought to myself, "Man, is that dude crazy? How's he even gonna break ground :laughing7:
The bad thing about it was I did hit a few signals that I wanted to dig , good thing I didn't have my digging tool because I would have tried, hate winter!

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story! Congrats on finding your sons wedding ring!! :hello2: I'm sure he is thrilled!! WTG

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey that is great! Merry Christmas Rob!

OP
OP
flakefinder

flakefinder

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
2 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you were able to find the ring. WTG :icon_thumleft:

HH
So am I didn't think it was going to happen because there was some brush piles , just got lucky it wasn't in one of those !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread