What's new

In the winter when I cant treasure hunt, I make my own

kdbarker

Greenie
Joined
Dec 1, 2005
Messages
18
Reaction score
6
Golden Thread
0
Location
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the winter when I can't treasure hunt, I make my own

In the Northeast during the winter when the ground is froze solid, and I can't metal detect, I make my own treasure...
Here is a photo of a .5 ozt solid pure gold button that I made by refining/recovering gold from junk gold plated items.

Gold button.webp
 
Interesting. :icon_thumright: What process do you use? :dontknow:
 
This gold was recovered from trimmed contacts on PC cards (old sound, video cards, etc,) I used the "AP" method as described at the "GoldRefiningForum".
You can recover gold from just about enything that is has some gold plateing on it. Computer junk is a great place to look for it.
 
That is a great idea to make some money too. Thanks for the idea.
 
Most people don't realize how much gold is just thrown out in the form of small plated components. Some day we will be mining our landfills to retrieve all of this stuff.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom