What's new

Inaugural detector, Gamma volume issues

86ToyCruzin

Tenderfoot
Joined
Nov 5, 2012
Messages
2
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
Austin
Detector(s) used
Gamma
So I went barter king style, traded a microwave for an upright freezer, traded the freezer for a slot machine, and the slot machine for a NIB 6000. Played with it for a bit, got my feet wet and found plenty of screws and bolts in my backyard. Problem is the volume wont actually adjust from level 10. She's even loud with my headphones plugged in and hanging around my neck. I know I can get a little in-line volume adjuster, but if anyone has any input as to the actual issue and or the fix, that would be awesome.

PS, I'm in love with detecting and knew I would be.
 
Actually, running the volume at max(10) on the Gamma is what you want.Even though the Gamma doesn't have a threshold adjustment, running the volume at full is the next best thing so you don't miss any of those high tone deep signals. These are the headphones that I bought with the 90 degree plug and volume controls for each side.Treasure Wise 1 4" Angled Plug Metal Detector Headphones for Treasure Hunting | eBay
These have worked really well and I have been hearing faint high tones at 7-8" with the sensitivity on the gamma at 65. If your volume control on the machine won't adjust then you should get that fixed in case there is a deeper problem that may exist.You should contact First Texas Products and make arrangements to send it back. If you have the receipt for it and it is NIB as you stated, it will be covered by a 5 year warranty.Check the paperwork that came with it. Good luck and keep us updated on your finds.:icon_pirat:
 
Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
the gamma is a good machine very underated!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom