Inca pottery with Templar cross?

Lonewanderer

Tenderfoot
Nov 18, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, I was wondering if anyone could explain this Templar-looking cross that is on a piece of Inca pottery that I found in Peru. Was there any relation between the Incas and templars? Any help is much appreciated 🙂

Attachments

• 22C9CD54-D771-4020-9819-3319698EB99F.jpeg
    22C9CD54-D771-4020-9819-3319698EB99F.jpeg
    741.9 KB · Views: 561

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New World evidence of this unique cross also abounds. At Tiahuanaco in Bolivia a
bronze breastplate or altarpiece was inscribed with a number of Maltese Crosses. One Garcilasco
de Vega, the mid-16th century son of a Spanish soldier and an Incan woman, wrote that the
Maltese cross was kept in a sacred precinct of Cuzco, Peru.
An obsidian eagle carved with a Maltese Cross as one of its eyes was unearthed at La
Venta, the Olmec area of southeastern Mexico. The 15th century Codex Fejervary-Mayer of the
Maya depicts a T-shaped Cross within each of the four directions of a larger Maltese Cross. The
16th century Codex Florentine of the Aztecs shows a figure atop a temple altar with a Maltese
Cross-shield in one hand and a snake in the other. The list goes on.

http://www.theorionzone.com/gadavid_maltese_cross.pdf

OP
OP
L

Lonewanderer

Tenderfoot
Nov 18, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New World evidence of this unique cross also abounds. At Tiahuanaco in Bolivia a
bronze breastplate or altarpiece was inscribed with a number of Maltese Crosses. One Garcilasco
de Vega, the mid-16th century son of a Spanish soldier and an Incan woman, wrote that the
Maltese cross was kept in a sacred precinct of Cuzco, Peru.
An obsidian eagle carved with a Maltese Cross as one of its eyes was unearthed at La
Venta, the Olmec area of southeastern Mexico. The 15th century Codex Fejervary-Mayer of the
Maya depicts a T-shaped Cross within each of the four directions of a larger Maltese Cross. The
16th century Codex Florentine of the Aztecs shows a figure atop a temple altar with a Maltese
Cross-shield in one hand and a snake in the other. The list goes on.

http://www.theorionzone.com/gadavid_maltese_cross.pdf

Looks similar but one thing that seems to differ is the circle in the middle. Could this be any relation to the anunnaki gods?

Attachments

• 71B8599F-C79D-40B6-AE04-371BDC92CFE5.png
    71B8599F-C79D-40B6-AE04-371BDC92CFE5.png
    191.6 KB · Views: 541

Stiga75

Dec 25, 2022
My family has an Inca Blackwear Vessel bought in Peru in the 60's that I was checking about on internet and found this forum that got my interest. I have found similar Vessel's but the Templar cross symbols on mine raises some questions because I can't find same symbols on any pottery exept from the one starting this tread. So my question is can I presume this is a reproduction or does anyone know if it can be from the 15th/16th century??

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221225_131027_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20221225_131027_Gallery.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 37

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
As far as I can tell, the original cross of the Knights Templar did not have the circular center design. I would not consider it as such. There are hundreds of variances, across time, of cross designs. Each with its own slight difference. Even Christian crosses vary. Look at the early Greek crosses and then the Celtic crosses of Ireland. I believe People lean toward the Templars because of the legend/history associated with them. Although they may receive early consideration, often they are not the best choice once more info is dug up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread