Crowfriend
Full Member
- Joined
- Apr 29, 2015
- Messages
- 213
- Reaction score
- 611
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Upvote
0
Not asking for advice. The decision was made. Definitely wanted to show it off. Try as I might, the ego is intact. I appreciate your comments Big Wave.
The decision to leave it. The decision not to notify an arc, not to have it in a museum. As noted that was the decision I made. There is no point to having it placed in the bowels of some museum as are 90% of the material goods found at sites. It does not reveal anything new.
What would you do is the opinion asked for, not what should I do?
Last time I checked.
All Human Beings are People, Including Me.
Who's to say that it's not in it's original place? If I found it on my land I would bring it up to the house and keep it safe and maybe later on down the road I would let the archeological team that works the site across town look at it and tell me it's story. That's a more than great find but yeah like monsterrack said better in your safe keeping than being kicked around by some kid.
The site contained nothing more. Strange as that is. If there was more, I would be in favor of notifying an arc. The bones were mule dinner for some Apaches. likely boiled it in the charred Mimbres pot. They took whatever else was there.
I have a friend that felt that way, so she went and buried a pot in a local mound way back in the woods and I'm the only one who knows which mound she put it in and the spot. I'm not going to ever go get it, just so I can keep the friendship. It's yours ,you are the finder do what you wish.Anything on public lands belongs to the people.Last time I checked.
All Human Beings are People, Including Me.
Nuff Said other then . I wish I found it
Nice Piece !