🥇 BANNER Incredible Gold Nugget found when detecting

49r Relics

Jan 11, 2008
Gold Country (California)
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Makro Racer 2, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Detector Pro Grey Ghost headphones, Lesche diggers, Apex picks.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The find of a lifetime for me and on my birthday to boot. Me and Ron Swenson Ron(CA) were out detecting an old site where I have found quite a few small nuggets a couple years ago and this was a huge surprise as I never expected gold to come in as a high conductor. This sounded and ID'd just like a silver coin would. I am lucky that I live in such a great place to detect, here in California's gold country. Every once in a while one of us comes across a big nugget like this while out detecting. The 49'rs didn't have detectors and where they didn't dig, there is still the possibility of coming across one of these :thumbsup:

This live dig was caught on video . . . .

I know we say "Dude" alot but, Dude, we're from California!!

Thanks for looking!! Best birthday ever :-D

EDIT: 07-07-2014 - Several have asked me if this nugget is for sale, I am looking at all offers. Thanks!!

vpg8sg.jpg

iz6mp3.jpg

vgs8k7.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 98

Coldshuz

May 18, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab X-Terra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super find 49r!

And for those asking... it's 76.2 grams. Think about it.. 76 oz would be nearly 5 lbs! and considerably larger. At about 2.5 ozt, figure it out at spot. The true value is in that it's a single raw nugget. People will be good money for the raw form.

Again.. great find 49r.. and happy birthday.

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My gosh what an amazing find Mark and on your birthday to boot!!! :occasion14:
Definitely a once in a lifetime find!

:wav: Congrats on making the BANNER too! :wav:

Dave

Last edited:

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Super find 49r!

And for those asking... it's 76.2 grams. Think about it.. 76 oz would be nearly 5 lbs! and considerably larger. At about 2.5 ozt, figure it out at spot. The true value is in that it's a single raw nugget. People will be good money for the raw form.

Again.. great find 49r.. and happy birthday.

The scale was set to dwt for weighing the Gold Nugget. So, 76.2dwt x 0.05= 3.81 ounces. Huge by my way of thinking!

Frank

Last edited:

: Michael-Robert.

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Sovereign America
Detector(s) used
Many
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even if I did, can you ever really trust what a gold miner tells you about a location? Lol, some of the stories I hear living here in gold country.

This is true. REALLY a wonderful find though. Truly amazing.Keep looking in that same area. Best of luck to you and happy hunting.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a subscriber of Ron's YouTube vids and watched it last night before I saw this BANNER post.
Amazing gold nugget Mark!!!! Simply amazing Dude!!! :occasion14:
Congrats,
Doug

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow such a beauty nugget, that could be a centerpiece in a collectors exhibit, what a great birthday it must have been! I missed seeing this post yesterday somehow. Glad to see the incredible finding today even if I am late to the posting party! And congrats on making banner also, well deserved one at that!

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Guys like you give the rest of us HOPE. Congrats buddy.... well deserved.... Brad

Guest 1551

Aug 4, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Other
2.72 ounce nugget!! Holy cow! I'm blown away! stunner birthday present! Congrats!

kyleeskastles

Jun 21, 2014
birthplace of texas
Detector(s) used
BH sharpshooter II, BH pioneer 202, garrett csi pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy Birthday and congrats, congrats, congrats on an awesome find! That things is huge and has good eye appeal which a collector wants if you decide to sell it. That calculates to 3.81 Troy ounces, correct? The collector value of such a large natural Gold Nugget is so much more than the intrinsic value of the Gold that it contains. Man, of the Nugget is 22k or very close to it, then in Gold value alone, you are talking around $4,635 but a Nugget that size would surely fetch close to or above $10,000 in the right market or to the right collector. Banner vote going in and thanks for sharing!

Frank

I agree with what huntsman said, this i actually have a bit of experience in because my grandfather was a huge natural gold and silver buff/miner. He loved nuggets with white crystallized quartz. Very very rare, he only had a few with gold when he passed away. But he would pay collector prices which was way above weight pay for anything natural that had a interesting look to it, even fools gold. I say your looking at upwards of 10k-15k+ for such a large natural and clean nugget. He no doubt would of offered 7k (knowing him and his haggling ways lol) on the spot for yours so im thinking youll get way more then that with heavy hitter collector

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OMGoodness DUDE what an awesome birthday present! That's the largest nugget I've ever seen dug! CONGRATULATIONS on finding it and for making a well deserved BANNER!:thumbsup:

:)
Breezie

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Extraordinary Find - Congratulations ! , Stunning video - seeing that come up , WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dp4349

Jun 7, 2012
Fort Smith, AR
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, WS4, 11' Standard
Coil & Whites XLT E-Series
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Freak'n Awesome! Congrats!

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
even if you did, can lightening like that ever strike twice ? :tongue3:
I'd bet against it :laughing7:
Wasn't it RON(CA) that had that other banner nugget from another night relic hunt?????? these guys make their own lightning:headbang:

mr_larry

Jun 22, 2010
Northern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations Mark! Something like that would fetch a pretty penny at auction! Find of a lifetime for sure, so you might as well retire. I can keep Ron company on his MD adventures!
Ron: Great job on the video as always! I love how you guys dropped that thing back in the hole, almost like you were afraid to touch it!

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with what huntsman said, this i actually have a bit of experience in because my grandfather was a huge natural gold and silver buff/miner. He loved nuggets with white crystallized quartz. Very very rare, he only had a few with gold when he passed away. But he would pay collector prices which was way above weight pay for anything natural that had a interesting look to it, even fools gold. I say your looking at upwards of 10k-15k+ for such a large natural and clean nugget. He no doubt would of offered 7k (knowing him and his haggling ways lol) on the spot for yours so im thinking youll get way more then that with heavy hitter collector
7,000 that is interesting ! Big Congrats , you will remember finding that nugget for a long , long time . what a Dream Find ..... ;) dawg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread