What's new

Indentification help please

hammerstone99

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2009
Messages
60
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
I posted earlier asking for help to type, and hopfully give me some idea of the age of a site. All these are from the same camp site. Any opinons would be greatly appreciated. Don't have alot of stuff but here it is.
2009_0610arrowheads0048.jpg

2009_0610arrowheads0044.jpg

2009_0610arrowheads0043.jpg

2009_0610arrowheads0042.jpg

2009_0610arrowheads0038.jpg

2009_0610arrowheads0037.jpg

2009_0610arrowheads0035.jpg

2009_0610arrowheads0034.jpg

2009_0610arrowheads0031.jpg

2009_0610arrowheads0026.jpg

2009_0610arrowheads0024.jpg

2009_0610arrowheads0023.jpg

All these knives are 3"-4" long.

2009_0610arrowheads0020.jpg

2009_0610arrowheads0013.jpg

2009_0610arrowheads0012.jpg

2009_0610arrowheads0011.jpg

2009_0610arrowheads0010.jpg
 
Upvote 0
I'm not too familiar with typology in your area, but I do think the first point is a Mallory, and the third is a McKean, just my opinion, I'm not sure of the others. Really nice collection though I enjoy seeing types and materials from other regions. I'm interested to know the lanceolate type with small outward ears, never seen one like that.
 
You have some beautiful points. Great work love that brown knapped knife/scraper third from bottom. I am sure some guys on here will be able to help you. Thank you for taking the time to share.
TnMountains
 
very nice collection you have. a common thing in your pieces are many bifurcated artifatcs,which in my neck of the woods indicate that you have an early-mid archaic site.thanks for sharing your fine collection. :thumbsup:
 
Colorado is way beyond my area of familiarity (I live and collect in Pennsylvania), but you certainly have some nice pieces there!

artorius
 
Keep kicking this up top and maybe some expert will chime in on your fine artifacts.
Welcome to T-Net also.
HH
TnMountains
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom