What's new

Indian Artifact?

Yard Digger

Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2009
Messages
371
Reaction score
91
Golden Thread
0
Location
Manila, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 with Bounty Hunter Headphones and TX-2002 Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I searched several forums including the, "Indian Artifacts" but couldn't find an ID for this round ball.
Possibly made of clay I don't know for sure.
I found it yesterday just strolling around in a field while waiting to start my duties as a commodity distribution volunteer.
Any help identifying it would be appreciated. Thanks and Happy Hunting,
Yard Digger
 

Attachments

  • Ball.webp
    Ball.webp
    18 KB · Views: 763
Hard to tell, but probably is a clay marble.
 
Upvote 0
Thanks guys...I wonder how long ago that clay marbles were made, and by whom? And were they home made or manufactured like the glass marbles?
Yard Digger
 
Upvote 0
From wikipedia:
"The first mass-produced toy marbles (clay) made in the US were made in Akron, Ohio by S.C. Dyke, in the early 1890s."

I know nothing about marbles, other than I like them. There are some super knowledgeable folks in the marble forum. You might try posting your question there.

MP
 
Upvote 0
Thanks MP, I'll take a look at that forum.
YD
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom