Bhodge
Full Member
- Joined
- Mar 1, 2005
- Messages
- 143
- Reaction score
- 199
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- East Tennessee
- Detector(s) used
- AT Pro
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
I was in south east Indiana today at a church built in 1850. I found this old key, possibly to the church, and these 4 Indians. 1907, 1889, 1890, 1873.
Oddly the 1873 has the stamp "H.V. HOPPER" on both sides. And on the front it looks like it was stamped twice. I haven't been able to identify anything about it. I've heard of older silver coins bring counter stamped but never an Indian. Hope you enjoy the pics.



Oddly the 1873 has the stamp "H.V. HOPPER" on both sides. And on the front it looks like it was stamped twice. I haven't been able to identify anything about it. I've heard of older silver coins bring counter stamped but never an Indian. Hope you enjoy the pics.




Upvote
20
But I now know my eyes are shagged, I've got large coppers but never a small cent that's been stamped. Very cool find, liking it! Nice key as well.







