indian point and possible pendant??? (updated)

oberkill

Aug 12, 2005
Just found this site yesterday and was encouraged to go out and do some looking today. No metal detector (yet) so I took my daughter looking for arrowheads in a local dry creekbed. Nothing too dramatic but since this site is what got me out off my lazy butt to look I decided to post the finds. I found a few decent fossils and a crystal still encased in rock. No pics of them though. I also found a piece of a arrowhead/spear/point/? and a rock that looks like it could be some kind of pendant. I dont know though so if anyone has any idea please let me know. I found it in with allot of other smaller broken arrowheads and pieces all within a few feet of each other on a bank that sits above the creek. The pics kinda suck, I will take better ones during the day tomarrow and post them if anyone really wants me to. lol

HPIM0411.JPG

HPIM0412.JPG

The "pendant" feels like it has been worked and has allot of crystals that sparkle when you move it. I just dont know though, the picture probably is not detailed enough but it was the best I could do without the proper light.

Thanks!!
Alan

Upvote 0

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: indian point and possible pendant???

Sounds like you had fun!! Nice finds!!!

;)

OP
OP
O

oberkill

Aug 12, 2005
Here are some better pics but still not that great, for an idea on size it is about 1 and a half inches long and 3/4's of an inch wide. I did find some pictures online that show some similar items that they said were weights for fishing nets. That would make sense since I found it in a creek bed. I went out today to the same area and found some more cool stuff, will post pics later.

HPIM0430.JPG

HPIM0431.JPG

Thanks!!
Alan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread