What's new

indian pottery and basket?

briguy

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2012
Messages
20
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we got these items from a estate sale. but having trouble figuring out what the age and where there from...any info will helpful :)
102_6380.webpView attachment 649102_6387.webp102_6389.webp102_6390.webp102_6392.webpCONFIG]649829[/ATTACH]28[/ATTACH]
 

Attachments

  • 102_6381.webp
    102_6381.webp
    527 KB · Views: 321
I know a guy who is very knowledgeable with native American pottery. He can probably give you some info. I'll email him with the pics and let you know what he says. I'm guessing they're most likely modern reproductions, as there doesn't appear to be much age on them. That doesn't necessarily mean they aren't valuable or collectible for someone.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
thanks dig any info will help
 
Upvote 0
Here is what my friend had to say about the pieces, I hope it helps you out:

"Chris, let me first say that all of these items are out of my area of expertise, but I'll give you my opinion (for what it's worth). I agree that the baskets and the blue fish looking pots are new. The baskets are probably worth $20-40 each. I couldn't even guess on the fish looking pots, but they are signed, so they could actually be worth something. The red and black bowl has a great chance of being old. It is Southwestern for sure, and looks to me to be late Mogollon, which would date it to around 1200-1350 AD from the Eastern Arizona/Western New Mexico area. I don't know much about Southwestern pottery but hav handled a few pieces. If it is old, and is solid, it should easily be worth $400 - 800. I have learned never to decide on the age of a piece from a picture, but it has a definite chance. Hope this helps."
 
Upvote 0
I agree the black & red looks old, might be really, realy old but I know next to nothing about pottery. However, thats the one I would research further:
indus valley pottery - Google Search
 
Upvote 0
Thanks for the info. I was thinking South Western but not sure. Great forum thanks again!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom