Indian, Wheat, and unexpected trove

PlzBSeated

Mar 8, 2014
SW Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter, Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites MXT, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Some times you just take what the Earth offers you.

Visited a bean field today near a corn field where I recently had a bit of luck. Unfortunately, the sun was nearly down by the time I found a productive iron patch. Thus...

Finds 120723.jpgFinds reverse 120723.jpg

...an Indian Head and a Wheatback.

However, for 4 hours of swinging before hitting the iron patch, I amassed quite the collection of white orbs.

Trove 120723.jpg

Apparently one of the neighbors is using the bean field as a personal driving range. Most cleaned up nicely, though having been at varying degrees of buried.

Today's finds...

1906 IHP
1919 Wheatback cent
Two dozen golf balls (eyeball finds)

PBS

Upvote 21
Very nice Indian Head penny. Those golf balls are probably worth more than most of the stuff I dig😁. Congrats!

Very nice GHP (Guardian Head Penny; ala Cleveland baseball)🤡
According to Uncle Jed and Jethro, you gotta boil those golf eggs a long time. They are pretty tough.🥚⏲️
Yeah, They's perty good once ye git the hide knawed offa them!

Yeah, They's perty good once ye git the hide knawed offa them!
My oldest brother used to pick them up and bring them home for us to cut open and watch them unravel (long rubber band)There would be the centre core, to play with, some had liquid filled rubber cores.
Often find them in fields after cropping, have a small box of them again.

Nice pennies!
I find golfballs everywhere I detect; desert, forest, parks, rivers, lakes, yards, you name it. Always makes me chuckle a bit.

My oldest brother used to pick them up and bring them home for us to cut open and watch them unravel (long rubber band)There would be the centre core, to play with, some had liquid filled rubber cores.
Often find them in fields after cropping, have a small box of them again.
I remember the cut rubber band. It would go crazy.

Some times you just take what the Earth offers you.

Visited a bean field today near a corn field where I recently had a bit of luck. Unfortunately, the sun was nearly down by the time I found a productive iron patch. Thus...

View attachment 2119167View attachment 2119168

...an Indian Head and a Wheatback.

However, for 4 hours of swinging before hitting the iron patch, I amassed quite the collection of white orbs.

View attachment 2119169

Apparently one of the neighbors is using the bean field as a personal driving range. Most cleaned up nicely, though having been at varying degrees of buried.

Today's finds...

1906 IHP
1919 Wheatback cent
Two dozen golf balls (eyeball finds)

PBS
Nice!!!! Congrats!!!!

I've been playing golf for 41 years, I'll take the coins! Nice finds and in good shape for field coins!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back