What's new

Indiana State seal button age?

Hoosier axe hunter

Full Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2024
Messages
132
Reaction score
341
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northeast Indiana
Detector(s) used
Nokta makro legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found this today, hoping someone could give my an idea on age. Found some examples online, but none with Indiana on them. Any help is appreciated, thanks
 

Attachments

  • PXL_20250308_235317624.webp
    PXL_20250308_235317624.webp
    592.9 KB · Views: 115
  • PXL_20250308_235230929.webp
    PXL_20250308_235230929.webp
    342.1 KB · Views: 83
  • PXL_20250308_235143074.webp
    PXL_20250308_235143074.webp
    285.9 KB · Views: 83
This is the seal of the state of Indiana so it’s not that. Interesting button!
IMG_8974.webp
 
My hunting buddy found one a few years back and I've been wanting one ever since!!!!! He never could pin down a date tho. Congratz :headbang:
 
I can see that it says "Steele & Johnson." and "Waterbury CT." It's hard to make out. I haven't seen one with Indiana at the bottom though?? Yours does like you said.?? I saw one version online that just has "Waterbury CT." I think "Steele & Johnson" is the key to finding that version button. I found an Indiana state seal button. One and only one. I'll look through my cases. Nice find!
 
Last edited:
I can see that it says "Steele & Johnson." and "Waterbury CT." It's hard to make out. I haven't seen one with Indiana at the bottom though?? Yours does like you said.?? I saw one version online that just has "Waterbury CT." I think "Steele & Johnson" is the key to finding that version button. I found an Indiana state seal button. One and only one. I'll look through my cases. Nice find!
Thank you, yes it is Steele and Johnson, I found a similar one online that says it's possibly miltia, thanks again
 
I can see that it says "Steele & Johnson." and "Waterbury CT." It's hard to make out. I haven't seen one with Indiana at the bottom though?? Yours does like you said.?? I saw one version online that just has "Waterbury CT." I think "Steele & Johnson" is the key to finding that version button. I found an Indiana state seal button. One and only one. I'll look through my cases. Nice find!
Thanks
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom