Indy, or Hunting.... Indy, or Hunting? .....Hunting of Course!

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So the boys and I took off for the park soon as Papa C left for the races Sunday last. :sunny:

100_2544.jpg

Did a little diggin....

100_2549.jpg

And they were happy with the results. :icon_pirat:

100_2563.jpg

Papa Charlie had a great time too.....

IMG_8421Stitch.jpg

Check out this oldie..... 8)

IMG_8450.jpg

Wouldn't this be a job of a lifetime! :D "A little shade, anyone?" ......

IMG_8869.jpg

Tuesday Lisa and I went back to the local favorite site and dug 'iffy signals. The two keepers from there were mixed in with nails. Kept getting the iron signal with a nice little bleep of something more there...so I dug. ;D Ended up being the badge in one hole and a button that I totally scraped to heck and back in another. :-X

100_2555.jpg

100_2561.jpg

Lisa had ventured across the road and called and said that she'd found a clear patch to hunt, so I went on over to investigate. Found a 1918 wheat, an old spoon and a buckle with the G I G marking on it. I had found an old belt buckle at another site that had the same initials, so instead of thinking that it was someones initials, I guess this would be the manufacturers marks. Also found the little train button there. I've found two others of this type in this general area. I think they maybe went on overalls?

100_2560.jpg

Lisa found a GREAT Birmingham trade token from the late 1800's. The find of the day for sure! I know she won't post it, but I was so excited for her and I had to mention it! :icon_queen:

It rained the rest of the week, but that was OK since I was sick anyhow. :tongue3: We really hadn't planned on hunting Friday, as James Spann the weather man said we'd be having more rain on Friday.....but.....by noon it was gone and the sun was shining! Terri had called and said she had a new site for us to check out. :thumbsup:
Get to the site and see that the house had been torn down (maybe the year before) and the top soil gone. :'( Did manage to find the 1954 Rosie and a US pin. :) Also found that sad looking black marble there, but it hopped over into the previous pic with the badge somehow. ;D

100_2553-1.jpg

Have a great week! :)

Nana :wink:

Upvote 0
I would had gone hunting too, I'm not much on those races. Looks like the boys had a good time hunting with their Nana. Love that badge (bet that was something if the boys found it), seems that a train button was just posted here no so long ago. Yep, it was... http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,223103.0.html I think they're the neatest thing. Great finds, Nana :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:wink: RR

Looks like you guys had a nice hunt. Always nice to spent time with the kids....Matt

Terrific as always.Those boys are growing fast.Sorry you were sick and hope you're ok now.I don't blame Charlie for going to the races,I understand the last time he went hunting with you,cost him some wisdom teeth and didn't appear that he got much sympathy at the time.So glad you have Lisa and the boys to enjoy hunting with.

Looks like everyone had a great time.....love seeing little ones out and about. Nice finds, Nana HH

Nana, You Gals find some of the coolest things. I like the Washington dee ceee. The boys sure are growing fast. Great idea getting the Hubby off to the races so you could get out and detect! :thumbsup:

Nana, Can I sponser your digging? You find the coolest things, love the badge!!! Tell Charlie Hi!

Steve ;D

I found something this weekend too!

dave-enc said:
cool nana thanks for sharing
hh
dave+bobbie
Thanks, Dave. :) Bobbie back yet?

Big E said:
Great finds Nana! :thumbsup: Great pics of the boys. Looks like they're having fun.

Big E
Thanks, BE. :)

John (Ma) said:
Awsome finds and great pictures.
Thank you, John. :)

allen said:
way to go on those nice finds nana...
Thanks, Allen. :)

River Rat said:
I would had gone hunting too, I'm not much on those races. Looks like the boys had a good time hunting with their Nana. Love that badge (bet that was something if the boys found it), seems that a train button was just posted here no so long ago. Yep, it was... http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,223103.0.html I think they're the neatest thing. Great finds, Nana :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:wink: RR
Hey! Thanks for the link, RR! :thumbsup: I love finding those little buttons.
I only take the boys to the park to hunt. I couldn't imagine trying to keep up with them while relic hunting. :-X :D

mlayers said:
Looks like you guys had a nice hunt. Always nice to spent time with the kids....Matt
Thanks, Matt. :)

warsawdaddy said:
Terrific as always.Those boys are growing fast.Sorry you were sick and hope you're ok now.I don't blame Charlie for going to the races,I understand the last time he went hunting with you,cost him some wisdom teeth and didn't appear that he got much sympathy at the time.So glad you have Lisa and the boys to enjoy hunting with.
:-* Thank ya, Daddy. And I can assure you that Charlie pulls the sympathy card all too often. :D

MiniMe said:
Looks like everyone had a great time.....love seeing little ones out and about. Nice finds, Nana HH
Thanks, Mini! :)

COUNTRY GIRL said:
Nana, You Gals find some of the coolest things. I like the Washington dee ceee. The boys sure are growing fast. Great idea getting the Hubby off to the races so you could get out and detect! :thumbsup:
Thank ya, CG! :)

Juanmoretime said:
Nana, Can I sponser your digging? You find the coolest things, love the badge!!! Tell Charlie Hi!

Steve ;D

I found something this weekend too!
Sure thing, sugar! :-* :D What did you find this weekend?! 8) I'll have to go see!

Have a great week! Nana :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back