Indy, or Hunting.... Indy, or Hunting? .....Hunting of Course!

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So the boys and I took off for the park soon as Papa C left for the races Sunday last. :sunny:

100_2544.jpg

Did a little diggin....

100_2549.jpg

And they were happy with the results. :icon_pirat:

100_2563.jpg

Papa Charlie had a great time too.....

IMG_8421Stitch.jpg

Check out this oldie..... 8)

IMG_8450.jpg

Wouldn't this be a job of a lifetime! :D "A little shade, anyone?" ......

IMG_8869.jpg

Tuesday Lisa and I went back to the local favorite site and dug 'iffy signals. The two keepers from there were mixed in with nails. Kept getting the iron signal with a nice little bleep of something more there...so I dug. ;D Ended up being the badge in one hole and a button that I totally scraped to heck and back in another. :-X

100_2555.jpg

100_2561.jpg

Lisa had ventured across the road and called and said that she'd found a clear patch to hunt, so I went on over to investigate. Found a 1918 wheat, an old spoon and a buckle with the G I G marking on it. I had found an old belt buckle at another site that had the same initials, so instead of thinking that it was someones initials, I guess this would be the manufacturers marks. Also found the little train button there. I've found two others of this type in this general area. I think they maybe went on overalls?

100_2560.jpg

Lisa found a GREAT Birmingham trade token from the late 1800's. The find of the day for sure! I know she won't post it, but I was so excited for her and I had to mention it! :icon_queen:

It rained the rest of the week, but that was OK since I was sick anyhow. :tongue3: We really hadn't planned on hunting Friday, as James Spann the weather man said we'd be having more rain on Friday.....but.....by noon it was gone and the sun was shining! Terri had called and said she had a new site for us to check out. :thumbsup:
Get to the site and see that the house had been torn down (maybe the year before) and the top soil gone. :'( Did manage to find the 1954 Rosie and a US pin. :) Also found that sad looking black marble there, but it hopped over into the previous pic with the badge somehow. ;D

100_2553-1.jpg

Have a great week! :)

Nana :wink:

Upvote 0

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
That badge kicks butt. Nice finds all the way around right there Nana! Congrats...Did you get to take a spin in one of those rides? ;D jgas

Frodov

Bronze Member
May 24, 2007
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
Whites Prism IV / Bullseye II pinpointer
Nana40 said:
So the boys and I took off for the park soon as Papa C left for the races Sunday last. :sunny:

100_2544.jpg

Did a little diggin....

100_2549.jpg

And they were happy with the results. :icon_pirat:

100_2563.jpg

Papa Charlie had a great time too.....

IMG_8421Stitch.jpg

Check out this oldie..... 8)

IMG_8450.jpg

Wouldn't this be a job of a lifetime! :D "A little shade, anyone?" ......

IMG_8869.jpg

Tuesday Lisa and I went back to the local favorite site and dug 'iffy signals. The two keepers from there were mixed in with nails. Kept getting the iron signal with a nice little bleep of something more there...so I dug. ;D Ended up being the badge in one hole and a button that I totally scraped to heck and back in another. :-X

100_2555.jpg

100_2561.jpg

Lisa had ventured across the road and called and said that she'd found a clear patch to hunt, so I went on over to investigate. Found a 1918 wheat, an old spoon and a buckle with the G I G marking on it. I had found an old belt buckle at another site that had the same initials, so instead of thinking that it was someones initials, I guess this would be the manufacturers marks. Also found the little train button there. I've found two others of this type in this general area. I think they maybe went on overalls?

100_2560.jpg

Lisa found a GREAT Birmingham trade token from the late 1800's. The find of the day for sure! I know she won't post it, but I was so excited for her and I had to mention it! :icon_queen:

It rained the rest of the week, but that was OK since I was sick anyhow. :tongue3: We really hadn't planned on hunting Friday, as James Spann the weather man said we'd be having more rain on Friday.....but.....by noon it was gone and the sun was shining! Terri had called and said she had a new site for us to check out. :thumbsup:
Get to the site and see that the house had been torn down (maybe the year before) and the top soil gone. :'( Did manage to find the 1954 Rosie and a US pin. :) Also found that sad looking black marble there, but it hopped over into the previous pic with the badge somehow. ;D

100_2553-1.jpg

Have a great week! :)

Nana :wink:

Say girl.. your pictures didn't come across in your post.. <pouting> Great decriptions, but no images.

Frodov

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nana, great digs!!

Racing is cool but. . . after 15-years of photographing open-wheel & NASCAR racing, I think I'd rather dig ;D (I may get shot for saying this :D)

Take care girl!
Mark

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds for you, and the kids. By the way, Who is INDY>>>>>

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Looks like Charlie had a great time as well. :wink: That one would be a hard choice but I think I am with you...go dig in the dirt with the kids! lol You and Lisa found some really nice stuff! Love that train button and the badge!

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Beep Goes On said:
Very nice Nana...great finds and post! :thumbsup:

HH!
Beep

Thank you, Beep! :)

jgas said:
That badge kicks butt. Nice finds all the way around right there Nana! Congrats...Did you get to take a spin in one of those rides? ;D jgas

Thanks, JG! ;D I didn't go to the races....I opted for hunting. :wink:

Frodov said:
Say girl.. your pictures didn't come across in your post.. <pouting> Great decriptions, but no images.

Frodov

Hmmm? :icon_scratch: I dunno, Fro. :-\ I can see 'em...I could even see 'em in your reply? But thanks! :wink:

Neil in West Jersey said:
Cute Kids and nice digs!
Thanks, Neil! :)

rtde3 said:
The badge is sweet! Love the train button also! And that old Indy car is SOOO COOOL! :thumbsup:
Great pics of the kids!
Thanks, Rob! :wink:

watercolor said:
Nana, great digs!!

Racing is cool but. . . after 15-years of photographing open-wheel & NASCAR racing, I think I'd rather dig ;D (I may get shot for saying this :D)

Take care girl!
Mark
Naaa....everyone loves the WC! :wink: I didn't want to go the races either. :tongue3: :D Thanks!

Sniffer said:
time spent with family is always precious
Thank ya, Dennis. :)

Old River said:
Nice finds for you, and the kids. By the way, Who is INDY>>>>>

Thanks, River. This is Indy.... :wink:

http://www.barbermotorsports.com/indy-car-series.php

Cynangyl said:
Looks like Charlie had a great time as well. :wink: That one would be a hard choice but I think I am with you...go dig in the dirt with the kids! lol You and Lisa found some really nice stuff! Love that train button and the badge!

Thanks, Cyn. :icon_sunny:

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a great time to me ,detecting or going to the races.......congrats on the clapper!

The Seeker

Marty-Graw

Feb 8, 2006
Albertville Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Garrett Treasure Ace 300
awesome finds as always Nana.....y'all have GOT to let me hunt with y'all sometime lol...love that badge

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Nana looks like you and Lisa had a great hunt, that is some really cool stuff I cant pick a favorite!
Great day with the boys they are growing so much from the last pic's I saw of them fun day!
I bet Charlie had a great day too, our son in law would be with him!

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I thought the Indy 500 was in May? or the summer months?? Nice hunt Nana........ or did the boys find everything and you are taking credit for it ;D Nice finds and pics :thumbsup:

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Nana. No pics are any better than seein' two youngins' swinging the machines. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Seeker said:
Looks like a great time to me ,detecting or going to the races.......congrats on the clapper!

The Seeker

Thank you, John! Can't wait to see what you're going to dig up this year!! 8)

Marty-Graw said:
awesome finds as always Nana.....y'all have GOT to let me hunt with y'all sometime lol...love that badge

Come on over, Marty!! :icon_pirat: Thanks! :wink:

The Bulgarian said:
Well Done Nana.WTG.

Thank you, Bug! :-*

Mental Granny said:
Wow Nana looks like you and Lisa had a great hunt, that is some really cool stuff I cant pick a favorite!
Great day with the boys they are growing so much from the last pic's I saw of them fun day!
I bet Charlie had a great day too, our son in law would be with him!

Thanks, Evy. And yeah, Charlie had a great time too. :thumbsup:

Kimsdad said:
Sweet hunt, Nana!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Glad you got out! :wink:

That badge rocks.....

Thank you KD!! :)

crazyjarhead said:
I thought the Indy 500 was in May? or the summer months?? Nice hunt Nana........ or did the boys find everything and you are taking credit for it ;D Nice finds and pics :thumbsup:

I think this was some sort of trials, CJ. I know that they brought out some of the old cars out of the museum there and tried them out too.

Thanks! :)

stoney56 said:
Nice hunting! Love the badge. 8) Sorry about a bit under the weather but diggin' beats smelling burnin' rubber and exhaust fumes. :wink: Can see grandma doesn't spoil 'em. LOL

BTW,
http://www.timepassagesnostalgia.com/&pm=0&searchkeywords=badge+boy+chief&sis=1&sin=b391

Cool! Thanks for that link, Stoney! :)

silverfreak said:
Nice finds Nana. No pics are any better than seein' two youngins' swinging the machines. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: They're learning. :D

Thanks!!! Hope you all have a great week! Nana :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread