What's new

Info needed about lead figure

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2018
Messages
2,058
Reaction score
12,126
Golden Thread
0
Location
Mountain Maryland
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I need help getting information about this figurine. I found this at an old church a while back. The church was built in the 1830s and rebuilt in 1851. It appears to be made of lead. The man has what look like loaves of bread under his arms and appears to be dressed ina European style of several centuries ago. I cannot find any identifying markings on it.

BD170A68-6CD6-4BF1-A42B-790318F25A02.webpF1454B60-73D6-4C7A-80CC-5491271C7157.webp

When and where was it made? Did it have a purpose? Is it part of something else like the top of a larger item or is it a stand alone item that has lost its bottom? Is it old or just meant to look old? Any info you can give would be appreciated.

Thanks and may your coil pass over good things.
 
I have something similar to that... I think its some sort of weighted pull or throw for a string. the bottom has some rust and if you clean it, I think its an embedded eye hook for a rope/ string. Some way to make the string taught as in carpentry?
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom