What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED I need help identifying a lead or lead pewter item.

Alan Payne

Full Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2018
Messages
165
Reaction score
258
Golden Thread
0
Location
Interlachen, Fl
Detector(s) used
GTP 1350 Garrett ; Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this item about a week ago underneath where they had torn up an old sidewalk. I also found a Civil War bullet and Enfield underneath the same sidewalk. This piece is made. I think out of lead or lead pewter and it looks like it was a cap that went over the end of an axle that would be on like a Poole wagon or maybe a baby cart or something like that and it has a flathead screwdriver slot that does not go all the way through and there are some faint scratches on the backside of this cap that looks like it was pushed over something like an axle shaft or potentially over something else like maybe a glass bottle I’m not sure what it is any help as much appreciated. Thank you very much.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2224.webp
    IMG_2224.webp
    672.4 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_2227.webp
    IMG_2227.webp
    595.7 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_2226.webp
    IMG_2226.webp
    639.5 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_2225.webp
    IMG_2225.webp
    646.7 KB · Views: 103
I remember small caps something like this on the "Radio Flyer" wagon I had as a kid.
Do you remember if those caps were lead I remember caps like that on wagons myself, but they were always metal caps that didn’t have a slotted screwdriver on them
 
Upvote 0
Do you remember if those caps were lead I remember caps like that on wagons myself, but they were always metal caps that didn’t have a slotted screwdriver on them
The wheel caps were not lead, they were zinc plated steel.
 
Upvote 0
The wheel caps were not lead, they were zinc plated steel.
That’s what I remember and this cap or whatever it is is made out of I believe lead and it also has Nerling around the flange portion of it to maybe provide some kind of grip.
 
Upvote 0
I found this item about a week ago underneath where they had torn up an old sidewalk. I also found a Civil War bullet and Enfield underneath the same sidewalk. This piece is made. I think out of lead or lead pewter and it looks like it was a cap that went over the end of an axle that would be on like a Poole wagon or maybe a baby cart or something like that and it has a flathead screwdriver slot that does not go all the way through and there are some faint scratches on the backside of this cap that looks like it was pushed over something like an axle shaft or potentially over something else like maybe a glass bottle I’m not sure what it is any help as much appreciated. Thank you very much.
I'm going to my default - Bridal Rossette
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom