Interesting area

Jessicamae3

Jun 25, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Other
I can not help but feel there is something here I should know about...or not know about. I just can't seem to shake it.
It is within walking distance of my home. I can maneuver through the area fairly easy as there are paths through out. There has never been a home site on the property. Were there native inhabitants, I am unaware. There was a time when teens would hang out in the area but they have grown up and moved on.
I have gotten some great hits using my metal detector but feel like I am missing it. I feel like it is deeper than where I am looking. My young son comes along with me on hunts but seems to find more joy climbing dirt piles and wrecking havoc on ant hills. My teenage daughter has enjoyed the hunt as well, I stop to dig a hit and she is off with the metal detector finding another. At this point, it is mostly coins and old wheats.
If anyone is interested in dowsing or needs more info, I would appreciate it.

Attachments

• image-2264513245.jpg
    image-2264513245.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jessica, seems to be much like you described already. Red boxes I got loose surface coins or artifacts of value, down to 1-2 feet deep. Did get some deeper stuff at the red circles, down to 3-4 feet deep.

Attachments

• image-2264513245-Jessicamae3.jpg
    image-2264513245-Jessicamae3.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 103
OP
OP
Jessicamae3

Jessicamae3

Jun 25, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Other
I look forward to heading out on the white sandy paths Wednesday to see what I can see. The area with surface coins and whatnots are right along the edge of what was a sinkhole. This landform is best described as Florida scrub. I am very curious to find what I am to be looking for. I want to explore the area further back along the paths.
Will check back soon. Thank you so very much for your time. It is much appreciated!!!

Attachments

• image-450818944.jpg
    image-450818944.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
OP
OP
Jessicamae3

Jessicamae3

Jun 25, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Other
"Stuff" was appropriate to call it. The area is a bit overgrown off the path and will wait until winter when the ticks are down and the plants die back a bit.
Did find some really nice fossils today. Will keep posted.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fossils can be dowsed, not all treasure is metal. Here is a good example, a concentric shape prehistoric shell from a dowsed dig I did near the Dead Sea (along with artifacts in the Mideast).

Attachments

• middle_east_dig1cropA_ERF.jpg
    middle_east_dig1cropA_ERF.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 93
  • middle_east_dig1RD.jpg
    middle_east_dig1RD.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 92
OP
OP
Jessicamae3

Jessicamae3

Jun 25, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Other
I am thinking I am going to make one of those for myself.
I have been reading how to do it on the forum. Won't my 5 year old love that adventure!?
I have a question, will the power line that runs through this area affect it?

I truly appreciate your encouragement and knowledge. I will let you know how the dowsing rod works out.

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not going to say whether power lines will, but for me the dowsing rods or a pendulum begin reacting before severe storms. I've sat down several times in recent years, pendulum begins swinging and pointing different directions. Then a couple times clicked the remote on the TV weather to find out we were in the path of storms showing rotation on the radar. One of those situations small tornadoes hit the area.

Most people learning to water dowse (sometimes learning to dowse for treasure), from comments they make it seems buried cables are a problem. It most likely would be underground utilities you might pick up rather that what is hanging in the air between poles.

Last edited:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
For me Electrical Lines are not a big problem....I find and mark them first...I find that the rods react different...I get an oval shaped ...When walking toward the line the rods will cross before I reach them and then open when I am over or under them..After I am past they will again close...Art

OP
OP
Jessicamae3

Jessicamae3

Jun 25, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Other
Red, I am going back out today using the map info you provided to actually douse.

Art, the info you and Red consistently share is super. I was worried that my rod would lead me through the woods in straight line, I fear snakes! But I realized that no matter the direction I walked my rods keep me on path however I walk. Most helpful where I will be walking. Either of you respond to a mental exhaustion? I am able to pinpoint with accuracy; rings, my sons money filled wallet, metal, a bone fossil, and can find my families magnetic field. (Of which my daughters field is about 12 feet out! So much so my arms felt electric and goose bumps with hair on end.) I am not psychic but have always been able to " read" people and situations with excellent accuracy. I've always described it like this, every thought and nerve movement has an electric charge in the brain. Just as my brain interprets my own, it can pick up and interpret others and situations. This dowsing is proving to be an extension of this and coming to me quickly.
Thank you for the insight and it is nice to know I am not alone in this!

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi jessicamae3Dowsing has revealed an attraction to loose copper coins in the areas of the orange circles and along the trail (orange line).Silver coins in the areas of the blue circles and along the trail next to blue line.Thanks for posting your picture,Jon

Attachments

• image-2264513245dowsed.jpg
    image-2264513245dowsed.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red, I am going back out today using the map info you provided to actually douse.

Art, the info you and Red consistently share is super. I was worried that my rod would lead me through the woods in straight line, I fear snakes! But I realized that no matter the direction I walked my rods keep me on path however I walk. Most helpful where I will be walking. Either of you respond to a mental exhaustion? I am able to pinpoint with accuracy; rings, my sons money filled wallet, metal, a bone fossil, and can find my families magnetic field. (Of which my daughters field is about 12 feet out! So much so my arms felt electric and goose bumps with hair on end.) I am not psychic but have always been able to " read" people and situations with excellent accuracy. I've always described it like this, every thought and nerve movement has an electric charge in the brain. Just as my brain interprets my own, it can pick up and interpret others and situations. This dowsing is proving to be an extension of this and coming to me quickly.
Thank you for the insight and it is nice to know I am not alone in this!
Yes, I discovered the ability to walk straight through areas you could get lost in on my Arizona trip. I was on the gold claim, cut off went a long way to a large tailing pile mine dump site. I thought it would be easy to find again without the rods. Never did get to see the place I found again since wasn't using my L-rods. I decided to prove if it could be found not dowsing.Took my camera to take pictures, ended up going in circles for hours. It turned out to be impossible to walk without the rods and get there.

OP
OP
Jessicamae3

Jessicamae3

Jun 25, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Other
So, I have been out a couple times in and amongst a particular area of interest. I suppose I became frustrated while dowsing the specific area and wanted to get a closer photo of the area posted to be doused. I was lead to what I felt strongly was where I needed to be. However, once I cleaned some dead brush away and relics of people littering and began digging I hit a huge carpenter ant hill. I wondered if I had truly found the spot I was to be or if I picked up on the activity of the ants. Needless to say the 95+ degree heat about did me in and I put it on the back shelf for the time being. I also felt like I would pick up one thing and then quick as anything else I was getting pulled in another direction.

I would like to try again but want a little more help. I am unsure what I am looking for, but feel strongly I need to be looking. Perhaps a more focused endeavor may result in a more steady path. it is Florida scrub and very sandy. I have found many oceanic fossils about the area however this area is a bit higher than where I located the fossils. I feel like I am going to have to dig for whatever it is. I also get an ominous feeling about the area when I am there. (???) Being scrub brush, it can be treacherous in parts. Can you also get a good feel for distance from the path?
Thank you so much for the follow up help!

image-3547142068.jpg

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red rectangle spots, should be stuff within reach of metal detecting, not sure how good. Red circles with the green box, might be out of reach the signal still a mystery.

Attachments

• image-3547142068-Jessicamae3.jpg
    image-3547142068-Jessicamae3.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 81

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a cropped down map of where your rods keep taking you. I made Xs also and signals go down 7-10 feet deep. Since the rods lead you away from the other marked spots to this scrubby area (marked by red circles, green box), the signal overrides everything else.

Most likely it is an older isolated previously unknown Indian site, but I find similar deep signals at known pirate camps/sites and also about the same depth. With a little practice Jessicamae, I'd think dowsing with L-rods at some known Florida treasure sites, you might do very well.

Attachments

• image-3547142068-Jessicamae3crop.jpg
    image-3547142068-Jessicamae3crop.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
OP
OP
Jessicamae3

Jessicamae3

Jun 25, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Red! I will begin clearing a bit of the brush and making my way into there. Please don't think I have disappeared, I am going to wait til the weather cools and the ticks die back. They are really bad right now! I am excited to look into the area. Based on what I have gathered from you and what I know currently from the area what you are saying would make sense. This area sits up above and the lower ground contains a lot of fossilized limestone with shells and other sea life with odd other pieces like amber and chert. This area is a bit higher in elevation, nearly 20-30 feet. That is a lot for FL. Thank you!

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Higher ground than normal could be a good indication of where the Native Americans might have used, even if it was only for a short time, could be a few things. Some Indian sites don't have much to offer in the way of finds, except for stuff archaeologists like to study. First you'd need to confirm the hits, fossil beds can be dowsed also, deep signals can be hard to identify.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions