What's new

Interesting day at the beach

SeaninNH

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2010
Messages
1,131
Reaction score
74
Golden Thread
0
Location
New Hampshire USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So I checked the tide chart and low tide was in an hour and it's an hour to the beach. We just had a big snow yesterday and are expecting one tomorrow. My girl loves to take pictures and I'm always wanting to go detect a beach so we decided to head out and give it a shot.

We get there and see this... Nothing but fresh sand :'(

101_4817.webp

We figure screw it we drove all this way lets see what happens.

I head down to the surf and start my zig zag up towards the high tide line. 15 minutes in I get a hit. It's a penny 9" down. It's only a 2001, but it's a start.... I covered a 30' square around that hole and didn't get a single hit.

2 hours in I get a hit close to the high tide line. It' 10+" down... hmm.. I try to pinpoint it and notice it was long.... 6 FEET long. It was a stop sign pole.

Another hour goes by with not a single blip or beep.. Not a crackle or false signal. NOTHING.

Then I start thinking... Nothing... No pull tabs... No bottle caps or odd bits of trash... Nothing at all.

This is a BEAUTIFUL beach.


101_4818.webp
101_4815.webp
101_4821.webp
101_4805.webp

What a great day...
 
Upvote 0
Some days you just take your detector for a walk and enjoy the scenery.

SKD
SW OHIO
 
:icon_thumright:

great pictures and a beatiful beach

stay warm

hh herb
 
looks great but you need to buy a scoop if you dont already have one
 
I have an army spade that I use in the wet sand. The pitcher works well in dry sand. It has holes in it so I can shake out the sand. It works for now. I would like a scoop, but until work picks up I make this work.
 
great pics :icon_thumright: keep em coming!
 
Wow your beach is sanded in!!

And here I thought my near by beaches were bad, but that one takes the cake!! :laughing7: :laughing7:

If you know how to weld you can always make your own scoop.


~~Happy Hunting~~
 
My first hunt this year on last sunday was very similar. Beautiful sanded in beach, found 2X10 cents, nothing else.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom