Interesting Find

Fullstock

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Braved the cold today and went to a spot where I’ve found Colonial items. Pickings were sparse, but I did find this padlock. Looks pretty early to me, When do you think it was made? Thanks!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1548207821.862195.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1548207834.479321.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1548207845.943356.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 26
Mid 19th century based on it's shape would be my guess.

Nice!!! I like it

I agree I have about 3 like that good to find cause you know that area is old.

Nice find. I always enjoy digging old padlocks. Your's has a nice shape to it.

has the old solid build to it, way cool. might clean up nice too

Definitley an early padlock,keyway and shackle probably early 1800's :icon_thumright:

Very cool lock!

Fullstock, Congrat's to you on one very nice relic. I found one almost exactly the same as the one you found. The one I found had the little brass slide cover for the lock frozen in place of course. Barely seen on the front of the little cover is stamped U.S. I did some research and found this to be a CW period piece. I found my lock behind an old church that was used as a hospital by both armies during the CW. Your lock appears to be of the same period, in nice shape too. Well Done.

Fullstock, Congrat's to you on one very nice relic. I found one almost exactly the same as the one you found. The one I found had the little brass slide cover for the lock frozen in place of course. Barely seen on the front of the little cover is stamped U.S. I did some research and found this to be a CW period piece. I found my lock behind an old church that was used as a hospital by both armies during the CW. Your lock appears to be of the same period, in nice shape too. Well Done.

Thanks devldog, and congrats on the one you found, the US stamp makes it a very cool relic with a Civil War connection, that’s a great find!

That's a nice one. Makes you wonder what it once secured?

That’s a real nice save. Bet after it’s cleaned up it would look great in a display case alongside some other relics. Congrats

That’s a neat find. An old lock with history.

Awesome relic find, congrats! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back