What's new

interesting finds

Moe (fl)

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
731
Reaction score
98
Golden Thread
0
Location
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Whites, Tesoro, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any ideas on these finds? Was wondering if they may be civil war.

HH.
Moe
 

Attachments

  • f3.webp
    f3.webp
    10.4 KB · Views: 487
  • f4.webp
    f4.webp
    5.5 KB · Views: 466
  • f5.webp
    f5.webp
    5.4 KB · Views: 475
  • f6.webp
    f6.webp
    7.5 KB · Views: 470
  • f12.webp
    f12.webp
    16.6 KB · Views: 482
  • f13.webp
    f13.webp
    22.5 KB · Views: 470
  • f14.webp
    f14.webp
    15.8 KB · Views: 471
Thanks Mackaydon.

I agree (suspender buckle). Does it look old?

Moe
 
Upvote 0
The C shaped object is a Repair Link for chains .
 
Upvote 0
the 'C' shaped object is actually half of a repair link for chain :wink:
you can see the raised rivits on the other side that would match another reversed 'C's holes.
 
Upvote 0
Thanks for the replies.

Can you post a photo of the chain repair link. The ones I found don't look like this one.

Moe
 
Upvote 0
Moe (fl) said:
Thanks for the replies.

Can you post a photo of the chain repair link. The ones I found don't look like this one.

Moe
Ebay -http://cgi.ebay.com/Tow-Log-Chain-Connecting-REPAIR-LINK-1-2-43gr-4500lb_W0QQitemZ330280591152QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item330280591152&_trkparms=39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A13%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
 

Attachments

  • 7e98_2.webp
    7e98_2.webp
    3.4 KB · Views: 328
Upvote 0
Thanks mojjax!

The picture matches my find. Great ID!

Is the item in pics 1,2,3,4 a bullet? It is copper.
 
Upvote 0
For the copper object, I'm thinking about a percussion cap, like to set off a muzzleloader. But it seems too large. Is there such a thing as a cannon cap??

Chip V.
 
Upvote 0
Hey Moe , I just found one in my junk draw !
 

Attachments

  • Picture%20002%20(2).webp
    Picture%20002%20(2).webp
    33.6 KB · Views: 242
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom