What's new

Interesting Flint Scraper

docmann

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2009
Messages
277
Reaction score
70
Golden Thread
0
Location
OKLAHOMA!
Detector(s) used
Rarely!
Here is an interesting little scraper found out in extreme western Oklahoma. It's an eye-catching white scraper with an interesting feature. Notice along the cutting edge a rust color. I've often wondered if this could represent staining from the iron component (hemaglobin) of animal blood. It seems to be only on the cutting edge. I would like to solicit an opinion from some of you more learned archeologists. I'm not certain that blood will even stain flint. I suppose there are tests available that would determine this but I would sure hate to damage the piece. At any rate, it is an extremely attractive scraper. Any opinions?
 

Attachments

  • th_Ascraper21.webp
    th_Ascraper21.webp
    1.8 KB · Views: 332
  • th_Acrapera11.webp
    th_Acrapera11.webp
    1.5 KB · Views: 325
  • th_aScrrpr1Grt1.webp
    th_aScrrpr1Grt1.webp
    2.8 KB · Views: 326

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom