What's new

Interesting metal ring.

Garabaldi

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2009
Messages
2,382
Reaction score
100
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Whites Pulse Diver, ETRAC.
Any ideas? It seems old from the patina. Any ideas? ???
 

Attachments

  • 009.webp
    009.webp
    40.2 KB · Views: 652
  • 010.webp
    010.webp
    15.7 KB · Views: 650
  • 011.webp
    011.webp
    55.7 KB · Views: 655
  • 012.webp
    012.webp
    32 KB · Views: 654
  • 013.webp
    013.webp
    27.7 KB · Views: 646
  • 014.webp
    014.webp
    45.2 KB · Views: 643
  • 015.webp
    015.webp
    16.2 KB · Views: 636
Timekiller said:
I'm on this post and this is what I see of his. Only his has been in a engine block at somtime.
Why don't you go back to the start of the thread, and look at the pictures posted...totally different, a blind man in a snow storm wearing a balaclava can see that.
 
Upvote 0
Timekiller said:
I'm on this post and this is what I see of his. Only his has been in a engine block at somtime.



I have to agree with SS here mate. I find loads of the exact type posted and they're not from spark plugs :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
OK, the what's it is definitely cast. Modern spark plug rings are stamped and folded from sheet metal. Modern technology. The older spark plug ring is formed from wire. Drawing wire was time consuming, and therefore expensive until modern machines were invented to do that.

So, modern rings can be cast too, but a cast ring does not have the tolerances needed for a spark plug, IMHO.

I also think we are on to something with the Dorset buttons. But I am still looking for a original piece of clothing with large Dorset buttons. Shirt buttons, yeah, I have seen lots. Death's heads, pretty common, including gilt wire. I am going to keep looking. :icon_sunny:
 
Upvote 0
Wow!!! I think Silversearcher is on to something. All do respect Timekiller, I don't believe it to be a spark-plug ring, although I do see how there is a small similarity. :wink:
 
Upvote 0
Have you looked at if through a magnifier yet?



Is anyone else seeing letters in any of these pictures? ???
 
Upvote 0
daroofa said:
Have you looked at if through a magnifier yet?



Is anyone else seeing letters in any of these pictures? ???
I have looked at it through a magnifier and do not see letters. :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
I think... just maybe... these are large Dorset buttons:
 

Attachments

  • DorsetMaybe.webp
    DorsetMaybe.webp
    63 KB · Views: 322
Upvote 0
DOH! I looked at that site like a year ago, and never paid attention to the rings.
1.gif
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Great Job Lucas. Great web site also. :notworthy:
 
Upvote 0
Any idea how heavy it is? Looks pretty dense to be part of a button. Not familiar with that style, though.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom