crankyolman22

Nov 20, 2008
Des Moines, Wa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, pro pointer, F-point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
O.K. I didn't find it today but I did get it back to the owner today. ;D
Last March I found an ipod touch. It was in an area sheltered from the weather but the battery was dead. Upon charging it I discovered that it had been lost on Christmas eve. I looked up the owners email and tried to contact him but never received a response. I saw on the pod that they had a facebook account. So I signed for facebook just to contact him. Last month I was looking through my desk and realized I had never been contacted about it so I sent another email through facebook. This time he responded and I was finally able to return the pod almost a year after it was lost.

Attachments

• pod.JPG
    pod.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 1,004

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max
A year later? Wow that is perseverance I think after 6 months I would have been using it myself. Well been wanting a ipod touch for a bit anyhow lol. Good job

F

Felinepeachy

WOW now thats what I call due diligence. Good job! I hope he was grateful. :tongue3:

OP
OP
crankyolman22

crankyolman22

Nov 20, 2008
Des Moines, Wa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frank1960 said:
A year later? Wow that is perseverance I think after 6 months I would have been using it myself. Well been wanting a ipod touch for a bit anyhow lol. Good job

I know a lot of people who feel the same way. You could always ask Santa for one :tongue3:

OP
OP
crankyolman22

crankyolman22

Nov 20, 2008
Des Moines, Wa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FelineBossyElf said:
WOW now thats what I call due diligence. Good job! I hope he was grateful. :tongue3:

Thank you.
He was grateful. I found out the reason he never got back with me was he was serving in Asia and just about that time the Japanese tsunami hit and that had far more immediate importance. I'm glad I got it back to him even though it took a lot of effort.

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max
crankyolman22 said:
Frank1960 said:

I know a lot of people who feel the same way. You could always ask Santa for one :tongue3:

lol not the Santa in my area the pickings are slim this year. Santa has resorted to feeding his reindeers tofu LOL

OP
OP
crankyolman22

crankyolman22

Nov 20, 2008
Des Moines, Wa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frank1960 said:
crankyolman22 said:
Frank1960 said:

lol not the Santa in my area the pickings are slim this year. Santa has resorted to feeding his reindeers tofu LOL

I find ipods frequently although not many lately. Apple tends not to be helpful in their return but I often get them back to their owners pretty quickly but sometimes there just isn't any way to track down an owner. Maybe you will find one of those. :icon_thumleft: I actually find them a bit overrated but still useful.

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max
crankyolman22 said:
Frank1960 said:
crankyolman22 said:
Frank1960 said:

I find ipods frequently although not many lately. Apple tends not to be helpful in their return but I often get them back to their owners pretty quickly but sometimes there just isn't any way to track down an owner. Maybe you will find one of those. :icon_thumleft: I actually find them a bit overrated but still useful.

One can only hope but if ya find one ya can't return let me know lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread