What's new

🏆 HONORABLE MENTION I found him! Class ring return number 21

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2018
Messages
2,057
Reaction score
12,106
Golden Thread
0
Location
Mountain Maryland
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a class ring a couple of weeks ago at the middle school. It is a 1959 college ring from a local college and I thought right away it might have belonged to one of the teachers. I found the yearbook on line and got the name of the man it belongs to. I searched on line for him and couldn’t find anything. No mention of him at all. Since he would be al least 89 I also checked the obituaries hoping to get the name of a relative I could contact if he was deceased. I figured I could try the personnel department at the board of education or the alumni association from the college, but I had not yet made the calls. (I hate making those calls because sometimes they refuse to give out any information and will not make a call and give the person your information so they can call you).

DSCN4610.webp


IMG_3445.webp


One day I decided that today I would bite the bullet and make the call after my appointment. On the way home I stopped at the store to pick up a few groceries and I ran into the home economics teacher who worked at the school when I was there. I asked her if she knew him and she did. He taught math and actually taught both of her daughters. She didn’t know how to contact him, but she was at the school a long time (I was only there 4 years) and knew other teachers who might know him.

Later in the afternoon she called and told me the band teacher knew that he moved in with his daughter and now lives in Pennsylvania. He would make contact and I should be getting a call from them.

It took a week after I ran into the teacher in the store, but I got a call back from the daughter of the owner of the class ring. She told me that her father lost it while she was still in high school. He came home from work one day looking around and when he was asked what he was looking for he said he couldn’t find his ring. He had worn the class ring every day since he got it and now he couldn’t find it. He wasn’t sure exactly what happened to it. He took it off when he washed his hands at school, but didn’t remember if he left it in the bathroom or on his desk or if it fell off somewhere else. The ring really meant a lot to him, and he was devastated when he lost it. He looked for the ring for six months and couldn’t find it. His wife and daughter saved up some money and bought a replacement ring and he’s worn the replacement ring every day since they gave it to him. He now lives with his daughter so I mailed the ring back to her the same day she called. She didn’t tell him that his ring was found. She wanted to surprise him with the ring once it got there.

I waited to post this until after he got the ring so I could post the picture she said she would send. She says he is very happy to have his ring back and he is walking round the house carrying his ring and looking at it. They believe he lost the ring in 1987 so it has probably been in the ground 39 years. He is now 92 years old and looking good.

IMG_1004.webp


Things just seem to work out sometimes when you least expect it. I haven’t seen that home economics teacher in 20 years and I run into her just when I needed help locating someone she knew. It was ment to happen and the ring was ment to go back to its owner.

That’s the story of class ring return number 21. Finding gold gives me a thrill, but when I got the call and I knew the ring would be going home I was much happier than I was when I found the ring. If I lost my ring I would hope someone would return it, so I follow the golden rule and return anything I can.

Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
What a great story. That is really awesome that he is still around and you were able to reunite him with his long lost ring. WTG!
 
That is a really neat story. Funny how things work out sometimes. :icon_thumright:
 
Great story and even better return!!!
 
NICE find :) FANTASTIC story and RETURN :) I do not know yoiu but you can detect with me ANYTIME!! READING your story brougvht happy tears to my eyes :) THANK YOU !!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom