Iron falsing

charlives

Jan 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey everyone,
Once in a while when I'm hunting low mineral, quiet dirt my 600 falses iron grunts to beat the band. At new sites I put the horse shoe all-metal on because I want to hear where the iron is. I find I can't determine what is real iron and what is falsing. These sites generally have no electrical disturbances. Usually, when the machine is running too hot it usually falses mid and upper tones...then I turn the sens down...but I can't figure out why at certain places it falses iron grunts. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

Iffy Signals

Sep 17, 2018
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Current-Deus & Equinox 800. Past - CTX, F75, AT Pro/Max, F44, Patriot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you tried lowering the sensitivity or bumping up your iron bias a bit? For iron sites like the colonial cella holes here i run sensitivity 18 recovery 5 and iron 2. Still will get fooled sometimes but pretty good at knowing when its iron. For the 600 settings would be 2 or 3 on recovery and iron bias 1. Good luck

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hunt with Park1 and Field2. Park1 hits higher conductors the hardest and Field2 is great for finding the mid tones. If I’m at an old cellar hole site Field2 will sometimes give a false hightone on rusty iron, especially if you run super fast Nox 600 recovery 3. It is usually a bit scratchy and if I flip to Park1 the hightone goes away mostly and the signal becomes almost pure iron. Hope this helps.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
was in Park 2 today and dug some rusty nails, one had a little growl to it at the end but they tended to flip flop back and forth on numbers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread